What's YOUR favorite toddler book? What's his/hers?

My daughter is 21 months old and rather than playing with her toys likes to spend most of her day working through a pile of books I have to read to her. So we have TONS of books but I'm getting sick of all of them. We don't have the same exact taste in books, so I like to balance it between books I like and books she likes best (I love anything by Sandra Boynton; she loves If you Give a Mouse a Cookie). So if you had to pick ONE favorite for your toddler and one for you, what would they be?

EmilySusan

Asked by EmilySusan at 10:51 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Good night moon! Its hers too! WE READ IT EVERY NIGHT!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 10:53 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I like the hungry catapiller
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 10:54 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Does your goodnight moon have the nightlight with it? That is a sweet book
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 10:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• My daughter likes Little Critter books by Mercer Mayer....I grew up on them too....ah, memories....
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 11:00 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• a Fly went by! My neice and nephew love it, love it love it!!!!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 11:02 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Mine loves Goodnight Moon also, she knows alot of it and tells me the story.. lol. She also loves Mr Brown Can Moo Can You? by Dr. Suess.
    Bellakat456

Answer by Bellakat456 at 11:10 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Good Night Moon. haha
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 11:50 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• The Tale of Desperaux! It's a cute and exciting story, and it's a favorite for both of us. I get really into it when I read to her so she really likes how I "tell the tale" I do voices and everything, it's great. We also like to read through picture/word books with animals and shapes and autos etc She loves to point them out and practice her letters.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 11:59 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Brown Bear Brown Bear (what do you see), ABC By Dr. Seus, Go Dog Go Dr. Seus, Picture Ensyclopedias (dd has an animal one she loves!)

Go to your library! The librarian showed me about 10 of her favorite books from when she did story time with 2yos! It was great!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:30 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• My FAVORITE is "The Polar Express." My son LOVES "Cars and Trucks and Things that Go." He enjoys the challenge of finding Goldbug hidden on every page.
    TiffaniR

Answer by TiffaniR at 11:07 AM on Mar. 13, 2009