What is your Thorn? (question for Christians)

I believe we all have something that keeps us humble and relying on God. For me, it is my weight! I have struggled my whole life with this issue and I just can't seem to gain victory. So many things have been easy to turn over and let God's will be done, but this one is SO HARD for me! What, if anything, is it for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You know what? Me too! OMGosh! You sound exactly like me!!! I have lost weight several times, and I feel this little "I'm all that!" attitude sneak out the thinner I get. I don't know why. Maybe that's why I don't just lose it and be done with it. I think my weight is what keeps me humble even though sometimes it really hinders me in my confidence, and being in pastoral ministry... that was a huge stumbling block at times. I'd love to chat with you about this some more, PM me.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:15 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Mine is my husband! He has made some choices that have really put a strain on our relationship and it is so hard for me to just turn things over to God! I have to add this though about yours. We had a little object lesson the other day at church and the woman teaching the class gave us all mirrors and was like look at yourselves....of course it was all women and I am sure you can guess we were all like uh yea great just what we want to see......well then the teacher said why are you not embracing yourself? are we not important anymore because we are older? and then went on to ask is there ever a time when we are no longer God's child and when God no longer loves us? *Of course she did a much better job of teaching the lesson than of me explaining it, but in the end it was just about how God loves us no matter what we look like and what we do, even when we do not love ourselves :)

soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 11:27 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• My inability to handle stress. I struggle a ton with it!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Mine is worrying... I worry about everything when I should let God take care of it.... I know God is there and he is going to meet my every need but sometimes its so hard.. you know...

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:35 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Mine is my Fibromyalgia. I've prayed for healing, even seeked it out on my own,out of God's will for my life. However, I haven't been healed of it yet,when I ask God, His answer is "wait." Not sure why, but I do know He's used it in many ways. I guess if I were to be cured, I'd not slow down enough to hear that small,still voice that is God. At any rate, even if I don't get healing this side of paradise, I know when I get to Heaven, I'll be totally restored. That's the promise that keeps me going everyday. That,and the promise from God that His grace is sufficient. So far,that's never failed me,and I know it never will.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:49 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Well, for me its fear. But I don't believe my "thorn" to be something that God has "put" on me to humble me or help me grow. God doesn't do that because its not in his nature. Our thorns are things that are there because of something WE"VE done or won't let go of.....in other words...our own sin. Fear is definately one of them.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:15 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Mine is my husband who is no longer walking with God. It is a challenge and heart wrenching.

Soccerchic... that is an excellent object lesson and one every woman should do. God loves us so much and sees us as beautiful and precious and we need to embrace who we are in Christ and Love our selves as He loves us!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• cigarrettes
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 11:23 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Mine would be my weight and food. I have struggled with it soo much. I love to eat and i am an emotional eater which really puts on my weight and then get me down and feeling tired and less than what i know i should be feeling. I am really on the ball right now. i am doing great with food. I am fully relying on God's help through it too.
    ministrymom

Answer by ministrymom at 12:27 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Other chrisitians... You know the ones... The ones that don't understand why I'm not perfect like them...
    Anonymous