How to relieve heartburn?

I have been getting really bad heartburn at night and was wondering what can I do to help relieve it. And also is it safe to take baking soda with water to relieve heartburn while pregnant? ok thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ask your DR to give you something. My DR gave me Prilosec when I was pregnant. Take it once a day at the same time everyday, works GREAT! You can always drink a glass of milk for instant relief.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 11:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Peppermint candy actually helps heartburn and should be safe since you're pregnant. That's why alot of burger joints give you peppermint because of the onions they put on the burgers tend to cause heartburn.
    Good luck! I take Zantac 75, works great for me but I'm not sure if pregnant women should take them. Ask your pharmacist, they know more than doctors alot of the times! I know I depend on their advice about over the counter meds more than I do my own doctor and the pharmacist is usually right!
    jon6pat

Answer by jon6pat at 11:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Ive never heard of the baking soda and water, I had horrible heartburn during my pregnancy and I lived off of tums!! its great bc you can get the ones with extra calcium so its extra nutrients. I carried a bottle of tums in my purse, i had one at work, one next to my bed and one in the living room lol. They were my snack!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Also, I know this man that told me his doctor suggested he quit eating and drinking after 6 p.m. to avoid heartburn.
    jon6pat

• LOL wouldn't it be hard to quit eating after 6 when you're pregnant?
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 11:10 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I have three children and all I ever used was papaya. You can get it in the dried fruits section of your grocery store. Don't buy the fruit mix with papaya added, instead get just dried papaya. If you can't find it there, check the bulk dried fruit isle. Papaya is naturally sweet and it truly will work for the heartburn you are suffering. Be sure to chew it well. It will help you and there are no harmful side-effects.
    Anonymous

• TUMS TUMS TUMS !!!!!!!!!!
    MaMaTreZZa

Answer by MaMaTreZZa at 7:21 AM on Mar. 13, 2009