Have you ever.

taken more Advil then they say to take? Like take two and 40 mins later you still have a spliting headache you take 1 more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i do it all the time!! i get really bad migrains and i take about 4 or 5 advil but it is not good for you i had a dr yell at me when i told him and he slapped my hand lol
    jballentine

Answer by jballentine at 11:34 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Yes.
    Anonymous

• Yes, it won't hurt you as long as you don't do that on a regular basis. Prescription strength is any where from 400-1200 mg. One extra strength (over the counter) tablet is only 200 mg.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I routinely took 5 ibuprofens (1000 mg) when I got cramps for my periods. It's the therapeutic level. I figure, I can either just take the 1000 mg, or get a prescription for it. Drug store was cheaper.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:30 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I take up to 4 tablets when I feel a migraine coming on because it's the same as one 800 mg prescription strength ibuprofen, and my doctor told me to do that. Not on a daily basis mind you, but to prevent my headache from getting worse.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:39 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• yes. well maybe not advil but tylenol. I usually take 3 or 4 at a time.
    Anonymous

• I often take more, not daily but I know just 2 won't do anything for me.
    rockymtngrandma

Answer by rockymtngrandma at 2:22 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I have but to tell you the truth if it didn't work the first time is isn't going to work the second time. Try another analgesic. My dr. told me to take medicine by my weight. So two wouldn't work because I weigh 170. So I take 3-4. Depending on the strength.
    If I have a very bad headache I take Tylenol and drink a coke. (neurologist recommendations) I try to eat a banana, or fresh fruit, natural apple sauce, protein. I have found recently that I am lacking sodium. So a coke and something salty like french fries. Bang headache gone.
    It is helpful to use ice on the base of my neck, other times heat works better. Good luck I hope this helps for future headaches.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:14 AM on Mar. 13, 2009