Where is a good place to throw a first birthday?

So i know my daughter doesn't turn one until mid july, but since its a summer birthday i figured that things would get reserved up fast....and early too...i'm not sure where it would be, but i will need a place with room because my husband's side of the family is huge and we're all really close. he has 12 siblings....plus their kids. i would do it in my apartment but i live in a one bedroom apartment only and its not that big. If anyone knows of a good place in the sacramento area please let me know. thank you.

myss-jenny

Asked by myss-jenny at 11:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Holidays

• I would say rent a banquet room at some nice eatery. Or you could even have it at a park building
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 11:46 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I had my daughter's party at the park. Loads of room for everyone and the kids can all play while the adults talk. You could rent a park building since it's in the middle of summer.
    sunkiss456

Answer by sunkiss456 at 11:48 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• i suppose i could get a park building but wouldn't it be too hott for sacramento cuz i dont' want everyone all sticky and crap from the heat too
    myss-jenny

Answer by myss-jenny at 11:51 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Some park buildings have air conditioning..check around and see what is offered
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 11:52 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Ah well I don't live in that area so I didn't think about that. If you attend a church you could look into asking them to use it for the party or any place people might use for wedding receptions. Sorry I don't live in your area so I can't be of much help but just check in areas people usually rent for receptions and things.
    sunkiss456

Answer by sunkiss456 at 11:54 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• A park or your back yard. You pay rent...you should be allowed to have a cookout for your kid's party.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:07 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Does your apartment complex have a room for rental? Most do. Try that they're usually pretty nice and much cheaper than renting out somewhere else. Some complex's will allow you to rent out the cabana area at the pool or the pool area for an hour or two also. GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:57 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• We have used our church gym and it works out great.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• WOw, I wish I had a summer baby I would do it at the beach or park where there are sprinklers, cook the night before and just put everything in tins, and be done with it. LOLO I have all winter babys,
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:29 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My son is an August birthday and we had his at the local park. We rented a pavilion.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:06 PM on Mar. 18, 2009