My daughter is invited to a birthday party at a classmates home. She is not very close with this girl, but is very excited about going. I am wondering what type of inexpensive gift is appropriate for an 8 year old girls birthday. I was thinking maybe pjs, game,kids bath items? It needs to be under $15 as I am on a pretty tight budget, but want the girl to be excited about her gift also. Any suggestions?

choclvr01

Asked by choclvr01 at 11:51 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I know this is cheap but it works everytime for me i make a goodie bag with dollar items up to ten dollars like note books pens stickers sun glasses ext and to make the bag look better buy a watch walmart and kmart sell kid watches that range from 4 dollars up usually the girly ones ten to cost like $6 to $8 dollars .I have at least one bday party a month so this worked out for me hope it helps you .
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 1:17 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• How about play make-up? I know I was all psyched about playing dress up at that age. i like the game idea-- especially if it's something they can play at the party. Hair accessories are usually popular.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Sticker sets are always a hit too. My girls love stickers.

Polly Pocket sets are fairly cheap as well and are populer with that age group.

Anything with horses.

Bratz dolls can be found for around $10-15 at Wal-Mart.

Barbies tend to be a big hit as well.

There are so many things to chose from. My suggestion: Take your daughter shopping, let her help you pick. If she likes it, chances are her classmate will too.
    6KidzMommie

Answer by 6KidzMommie at 12:10 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Target here in town carries a lot of cheap do it yourself art project kits like painting jewelry boxes or picture frames, beading jewelry, tattoo design, that sort of thing. I usually find them between 7.99-12.99 I think. This year, we went to a 7 year old girls party and got her a jewelry kit to make bead jewelry on clearance for like 3 dollars.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:29 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• LIttle girls LOVE Hannah Montana Perfume....it is about $12 and kids LOVE IT!!!!
    She will be the envy of the party.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 2:03 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• My children always love getting CASH lol :). It surprises me but they get so excited over the money. Make it all ones and the child will think they are rich!! :)
    Make-up is always good as well as finger nail polish.
    Let your little girl go with you and pick something she would like. :)
    Have fun and good luck! Don't worry about being 'cheap' - kids really do just like to get 'something'. :)
    msalphabet

Answer by msalphabet at 6:13 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• The last party my daughter was at had a Hannah Montana theme. So, we got her a Hannah Montana craft set where you could make a headband and some other stuff. There were lots of different craft sets like that and there were about $13.
    Adriana2000

Answer by Adriana2000 at 7:19 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I always try to check in clearance sections for good gifts. That way, when I can't spend a lot, I can still get really good gifts. Ask your daughter if she has an idea of what to get for the girl, and if you're really at a loss, try asking some of the other moms that you may know better if they have an idea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• There are lotsof inexpensive stuff for girls her age on www.cjkidz.com  diary and feather pen set $6.99, tshirts (girls just wanna have fun) $12.99, cute soaps for $3.50 with ballet slippers, princess, $2.99 & $3.99 jewelry, princess pillowcase, picture frames which she can insert a picture of herself and the friend.  Check out http://www.cjkidz.com/Products.html

There are also some fun American Girl Books about friends, sleepovers, and more http://astore.amazon.com/wwwcjkidzcom-20?%5Fencoding=UTF8&node=6  They make great gifts too!

momjs

Answer by momjs at 7:52 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Get her a Webkinz. The "Lil Webkinz" are only $10.99. These things are all the rage. They get to use the website for a year for free if they have a Webkinz.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 8:43 AM on Mar. 13, 2009