anyone else scared to death?!?!

in reference to this article which i just read and has now scared the living shit out of me, im going organic and need help making an organic baby wash recipe. please and thank you. oh and read the article...its pretty serious.

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/special/parentsguide/summary.php

MissMamaAshley

Asked by MissMamaAshley at 11:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't use anything thats not completely natural on my baby...even the food is fresh and organic...don't want all those chemicals and cancer causing things on her skin.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• how do you prepare the baby food?!?! sorry im new to this...obviously.
    MissMamaAshley

Answer by MissMamaAshley at 11:59 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• For example, her first food was organic avocado. Target sells a little mini "food pureer" by Munchkin for 10 bucks. I just scoop out the avocado and put a piece in it and then add a little breastmilk or if your'e not BFing then formula to make it like runny yogurt and she loves it. As far as anything else goes such as sweet potatoes and green beans just steam them and puree them. You don't have to add anything....You make a batch then a good idea is to put them in ice cube trays (each "cube" is about a 2 oz. serving) and freeze them. When you're ready for a meal you pop out a cube and let it thaw at room temp so you don't have to microwave and VIOLA! and organic meal.....that way you know what you are giving them. Whole foods sells a great book called "First Foods" and it tells you everything you need to know to make organic baby food.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:04 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• thanks a bunch, your a doll!! xox
    MissMamaAshley

Answer by MissMamaAshley at 12:05 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• No problem...you can PM me anytime with questions....My DD is 6 months so Im new to it too! Your little man is adorable:)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:06 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• This is why hubby makes our soaps! I haven't used store bought soap in a really long time and my skin thanks me for that.
    mynameismuerte

Answer by mynameismuerte at 12:23 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• great info!
    but the first thing that pops into my mind is if this stuff scares you (scares me too!) are you vaccinating? do vaccines scare you in the same way? :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:37 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• We are doing selective vaccines. We've researched each disease, each brand of vaccine for each disease and weighed the risks & benefits. I think if more people looked into the actual facts of the diseases and not the main stream scare tactics they would reconsider. Esp if you look into the actual ingredients in the vaccines. I do not understand for the life of me why a baby is protected at birth from an STD (assuming mom didn't have it) or why they bothered with a vaccine for chicken pox. Amongst other things. Oh wait! Yes I do!!! It's called the almighty DOLLAR!
    mynameismuerte

Answer by mynameismuerte at 12:42 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I buy my bar soap and deoderant from a lady here in town. I am going to switch to washing our hair with baking soda and apple cider vinegar someday . . . I just have to get away from my love of the smell of shampoo lol

Also consider the cleaning products in your home. Even the ones claiming to be Eco Friendly are often manufactured by the big name companies, and aren't as safe as they claim to be.

Im in a great group that has a lot of info on how to get away from chemicals. Please PM me for the link!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 6:51 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I dont use anything but all natural products on my family and we are switching to all fresh organic foods....I dont buy anything that has artificial colors, flavors, preservatives or any other artificial additives in our body products or foods! Its just not good for you at all!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 8:00 AM on Mar. 13, 2009