How can I avoid stress?

I am at the point were I feel I will harm my 6 month old son. How do I prevent myself from getting to that point.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you need to talk to your DR. about post partum depression...I was feeling like that at 4 months and he gave me Zoloft which is safe while BFing if you are...and it has helped tremendously. It sux having to take a med but it's only temporary and not worth it to feel like that about your baby. Good luck.....in the meantime, take him to a friends or family members house and go do something for yourself....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:00 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• You for sure need to talk to your doctor ASAP about Post partume depression. In the mean time ask someone for some help. Have someone take you son for a part of the day so you can get some rest.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:25 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Take a step BACK NOW!!!!
    If there is someone you can trust you son with then, get away from him for at least a couple of days. You dont have to tell that person exactly what is going on but you need a break.
    You need a BREAK to see a doctor, collect your thoughts and get the help you need and you and your son deserves.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 1:58 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I agree with limoMOM you need a serious break and if you cant get one then you need to talk to a doctor asap
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:07 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• You TELL someone and you seek out help, that is what you do!
    Good luck mama, I hope you will do the right thing and tell your loved ones and doctor how you feel and get the help you need to be a good mama to that precious baby of yours, please do NOT take out your feelings and frustrations on your helpless baby who just needs you to get well so that you can be the best mama you can for him!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 7:58 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Get a family member or close friend to watch your son and take a break NOW!!!! Call the dr. and make an appointment I think calliesmommie is right you might have Post Partum Depression.
    LND

Answer by LND at 12:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2009