Low Carb Diets?? Any diet really!!

I have been having issues with my hands swelling and I found out from the Dr. that my blood sugar levels were elivated to a 5.6 and I now need to go on a low carb diet. I have been wanting to lose weight anyways this is just not the motivation I wanted LOL
So my questions to you ladies is what diet worked for you? If you used diet pills what one(s) worked for you? And any other information you can give me will be helpful.
I will keep in mind that you are not Dr.s and I should check with mine first :D Thanks for all your help ladies
Leauna

Leauna

Asked by Leauna at 12:02 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I am on the slim fast diet it works great.. im also taking alli pills and they work great also... I tryed the low carb but i just really dont think that was right for me.... But it does work i know that.. God bless you
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:44 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Well pre-diabetic or a diabetic you don't want a low carb diet or any diet really. You need to simply make healthy lifestyle choices and stick with them for as long as you live. Low-carb can cause a diabetic, pre-diabetic or anyone to have low blood sugar, which feels like you are starving and you get the shakes, get confused, even pass out to the point you can die.

Just make some switches. the #1 is no more regular soda pop, empty calories and lots of sugar. If you need some sort of pop switch to diet or flavored seltzer. I pretty much only drink a cup of coffee them water with lemon juice.

Also switch breads and pastas. First eat less cause for example with spaghetti we eat 5 times more than what an actual serving is. Switch to whole wheat pastas and have if take up a smaller portion of your plate...add veggies to it so you feel satisfied. Get the whole grain light versions of bread.....
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• ...They have less calories, fat and carbs and more fiber. The amount of fiber in a food can be subtracted from the carb count. So if a label says 15 grams of carbs and 3 of fiber, it has 12 grams of carbs to effect your blood sugar.

Have lean meats, poultry and fish, whole grain pasta or brown rice (much smaller portions) or a small amount of baked sweet potatoes and then lots of veggies. Avoid veggies with fatty cheese sauces, but ones that boost the fiber count like broccoli.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:52 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I know of a great, completely healthy and guaranteed system. PM me if you are interested and I would be happy to tell you all about it!
    ShakleeMama87

Answer by ShakleeMama87 at 12:39 AM on Mar. 17, 2009