Ok, I am 8 months into it, and I am starting to hate breastfeeding.

I am tired all the time. Anyone else felt like this. It feels as if she doesn't leave me alone, ever! No bashing please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That's normal to feel like taht...why not try pumping and letting your SO or family member feed her so you can take a break...the way I look at it is it's not worth it if you don't enjoy it. I like pumping and having the freedom to go out and do things with her also. As long as I have my breastmilk bottle I am much more relaxed.:) You won't get any bashing from me!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:08 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I think it's normal to get burnt out on it, maybe not hate it. You can always try and get a break.. find someone to feed her a bottle or just leave her with someone after a feeding and relax alone. I understand how you feel, my daughter wouldn't take a bottle and had terrible seperation anxiety, but it does get better!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:11 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• are you eating well & taking vitamins? it takes alot out of us when we are nursing so we must keep well nourished... I am horrible at taking vitamins but when nursing i could feel if I skipped a few days at a time... If you are getting tired of nursing then like the others said try to pump & have other feed her occasionally... do whatever fits the 2 of you best! If your getting tense about feeding time, she will feel it and no one likes to see their mom be unhappy-so this could also effect her mood. But remember, drinking lots of water & getting alot of nutrition may change everything! :)

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:16 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I went through the same thing with my daughter, like calliesmommie said try pumping, andhugs if that doesnt help wean her.

hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 12:19 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Find the easy way out ----quit it!!!
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 12:20 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• oh don't wean yet! i mean, not until 1! you have come so far, ignore those who say to wean. it's not always the easy way out and can actually be harder!

there are many things you can do to get energy! vitamin b's, emergen-c, eating balanced meals and exercise! those can all make you feel better!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:23 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• It's completely understandable. Breastfeeding is a huge commitment, but it wont bug you forever. I go through little phases. One week i'll love BFing and i'm soo glad i've stuck with it, next week it's annoying, I dont want to be touched, and i'm ready to be DONE.

Just stick it out a while longer before you give up, your doing an AMAZING thing for your child and the longer you do it, the longer the health benefits.

As for the energy, it's OKAY to have a couple cups of coffee throughout the day, and why dont you try taking a B6 and B12 vitamin as well. I could not BELIEVE the diff. in my energy level when I started taking them.

Good luck, keep up the good work ;)
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 12:24 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I know what you mean! My son is 9 months old, he's not sleeping through the night, and he gets up 3 times in the night to nurse. I feel like a zombie all the time! It's a hard thing to do, that's for sure, especially on the days when they just want to be latched on all day.
    On days when I really don't feel up to a lot of feeding, I give my little one more solids and apple juice. That really helps.
    But remember that this feeling is just temporary. We all get discouraged, frustrated, or just sick of breastfeeding sometimes, but it's the best thing you can give your little one right now, and you'll probably be feeling that way again next week!
    Make sure to nap whenever you're able! Forget the dishes, the laundry, the cooking, or whatever else you're thinking about doing while your little one naps. Take that time to lay down as well rather than busting your tail! Breastfeeding is exhausting
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 1:01 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• OMG I am almost seven months into and I get to feeling this way sometimes especially right now because all of a sudden my son has decided that he can't get enough and I feel like he is sucking the life outta me! sometimes he will nurse for so long my nipples actually get this weird itchy feeling and I finally have to pull him off because I cant stand it anymore, and need to switch sides but with him lately he can go from side to side for like an hour and half straight! Just hang in there it comes and goes just set the goal for yourself to BF for one year like I did, we are almost there and think of how proud we can be once its all said and done! Besides I am sure once we aren't BF'ing anymore we are gunna miss it

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:03 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Well...you're normal. I didn't like breastfeeding while I was doing it. For 26 months!

I figure I scored all my Mommy Martyr points.

What helped, besides the fact that I don' sleep much anyway? I left things undone when sleep was more important.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:05 AM on Mar. 13, 2009