Is there a saying your mom or grandma always said?

And you swore you'd never say it to your kids but do? :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes. lifes a b*tch, then you die.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Grandma- If they fool you once shame on them, if they fool you twice shame on you!
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 12:11 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• "because I'm the mother" - I HATED it, but I say it to my LO, mind you he is 3 not 17 like my mom did to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• The story about the little boy who cried wolf! I can remember my mom using that on me and hating it and now I've told my daughters that story several times!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:12 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• " do you want me to give you something to cry about" I have used it.. sorry kids! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• life ain't fair,deal with it.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 12:15 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• "Because I'm the mommy" Omg did I hate that saying but now I use it lol. My daughter is in the "Why?" stage
    sunkiss456

Answer by sunkiss456 at 12:20 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• My grandma always said " I wouldn't give her the sweat off my ass" When she didn't like somebody. She is so funny and has a great sense of humor.
    sarabeth1

Answer by sarabeth1 at 12:22 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I love a lot of my grandma's sayings :-)

She would say "Before you get married, keep both eyes open. After you get married, shut one of them."

She also said "There are 2 things for dinner - take it or leave it."

My mil has a good one, too. When one of the kids say "it's not fair", she responds with "The only fair I know is in Poughkeepsie" - lol - I don't know why she says that city :-)

My mom had one. It's "I'm gonna knock you into next week". (My kids are teens and know I'm joking when I say that one, btw)

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:36 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I'm always saying what my mom said. "jess-ed-len-mik-tab you know your name and you better stop it right now"

I had a lot of siblings and we were all kinda rambuctious.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:45 AM on Mar. 13, 2009