What do you think of "ladies" who do this?

Does it bother you when women are crude? I am not fond of guys speaking in a crude way, but when "ladies" do it, I just cringe! To me, it makes them look low class! What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it's definitely in poor taste when women (I refuse to call them ladies) revert to juvenille language and subject matter. It's sad that so many women today are so classless, and I think it's a direct result of the feminist movement (I've never understood how we came to call these women feminists, there's NOTHING feminine about them).
    As one woman posted, we have rights now to use whatever language we want to use (I'm paraphrasing). So just because we have that right means that we need to sound ignorant by using the f word in every other sentence? I don't think that by not cursing or wearing slutty clothes (well, we can wear what we want now, just like we can speak how we want) that I'm going to lose my right to vote.
    It's sad, but most women are not ladies nowadays. We have the feminist movement to thank for so many wonderful things in the breakdown of our society, and this is just one.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 1:51 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• What are u talkin bout?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• like farting or burping? or just saying stuff?
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 12:25 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Using crass, foul language
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Whatever...just relax, man!
    Anonymous

• I am quite relaxed, and not a man! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I consider myself a lady and a great mother trying to set good examples for my children. And I tell you, I would not use the lauguage that other mothers on here use. Farting , burping, using pot... etc. I just cannot believe that young or older ladies would be talking like that. Its very upsetting. I do believe these ladies are of a lower class!
    Anonymous

• I think it depends on your definition of crass. There are words that I would never use for various reasons. But then again, there are words that I use that I know make some of the older women in my family cringe (for example, if I say "that sucks". )

I think that we all, men and women, need to be aware of how our choice of words reflect on who we are, and be ok with that reflection, and able to live with the words we choose. But I think that we also have to consider that actions speak louder than words. I say that because I know a lot of women that are very proper in their speech, but are NOT what I would consider "ladies" (some cheat on their dh, some are nasty people, etc), and I have known some women with hearts of gold, and very high moral standards, that spent so much of their lives surrounded by words that others would consider offensive, but they had no idea it was.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:30 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• "I cannot believe that young or older ladies would be talking like that"

Yeah, lets go back to the 50's where we were all "ladies' and had no rights. We had the feminist movement so we can be equal, IN ALL WAYS. Now you want to be "ladies" again. There is always a time and a place to be a lady, but come on. Can we say F*** and fart once in a while?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Fart, I'm okay with (everyone does it), but every other word out of your mouth the "F" word, not so much!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Mar. 13, 2009