i dont get it???

my bf and i have been together for almost 2 years and i am pregnant with our first. i have been telling him how bad i want to be engaged and he says he does too. well last night he surprised me with a beautiful diamond ring and tells me to wear it on my ring finger but doesn't want to be engaged. he says he doesn't want to deal with what everyone has to say about it blah blah blah. so i was like well i'm not going to wear it on my ring finger then and he goes no i want everyone to know you're taken..soooo i have to wear it so guys won't talk to me but you don't have to tell people you're engaged? hmmmm a little weird to me?? idk what to think about it..does he want to seem avaliable to other girls or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Sounds a little one sided to me. If he wants you to wear your ring on that finger then tell him to do the same.
    sunkiss456

Answer by sunkiss456 at 12:41 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Uh, no! When he wants to be engaged he can propose and we can set a date. If he's not ready then you don't need to force him. Do you really want to just have a ring on your finger for 5 years?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:43 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• my husband and I ... we were never really engaged. and i was ok with that. we just talked about getting married and we did. and he happily wears a wedding band.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• hun, he's too immature! good luck with that.
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 12:47 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• You're PREGNANT, for Pete's sake. That SCREAMS "taken!"

Methinks he doth protest too much.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:27 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Being pregnant does not scream taken nowadays. How many women are having babies from spermies they were injected with so they can have their own babies?
    It seems like you put yourself in a bad situation. Maybe you thought if you were pregnant he'd finally settle down, but that clearly didn't happen. It sounds like he doesn't want to marry you. I'd go to a jeweler and see if it's even a real diamond.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• yep ur belly is ur ''taken ring'' LOL
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 3:21 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• most men know that if ur pregnat ur taken by the babys dad or the baby itself..also men dont wanna to deal with a pregnat woman...u cant assume they know ur a single mom!!
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 3:22 AM on Mar. 13, 2009