my daughter is 3,will she look to grown with painted nails??????or is this the age for fun???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I paint my daughter's nails now and she is almost 3. Hers usually comes off within a day from playing anyway. She loves it!
    sunkiss456

Answer by sunkiss456 at 12:48 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• This really depends on the parent. I put nail paint in the same category as makeup. So my daughter will be able to wear clear gloss whenever she wants, or even the clear with sparkles but nothing else. If she wants to try other colors she can do so at home but she can't wear it outside of the house.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:49 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Thats what 3 year olds do. i painted my daughters toes as a baby. Now I buy the french tip and do it on her toes @5! She loves nail polish... so do all the girls in her class. Nothing wrong with it!
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 12:51 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I have one daughter and she has no choice but to be girly.. But no she cant wear make up though!
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 12:53 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• ive been painting my daughters toes since she was like 2-3 months old! her fingers i waited til she was about 2yrs..and theyve pretty much been painted different colours every week!! she looooves it! i dont think it makes a child look to "old"..it just brings out their cuteness!!! and theres certainly nothing wrong with that!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:27 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• i painted my daughters when she was baby on her toes, then like someone else said, when she was older, her fingernails, and i let her put make up on, when she was 3, but washed it off if we went out somewhere, her dad didn't approve
    chilimidos62

Answer by chilimidos62 at 6:02 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• all ages are fun! I love playing dress up with my daughters even still....LOL. my oldest is 24, my youngest is 13, now we go shopping & to the beauty shop together, perferable all 3 of us at the same time. We have a blast ! ...its great! just keep it age approperiate & what ever makes you feel comfortable & bedazzels her. Its a great bonding time to play & encourage her to feel better about herself...all girls at any age likes to feel & be told they are beautiful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:24 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I started painting my daughter's toes, to match mine, last summer when she was 2. We even had matching designs! It was SO cute!!
    HeathersBabies

Answer by HeathersBabies at 8:40 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• As long as she would understand its something just for fun. I'm imagine a 3 year old who eventually refuses to leave the house if her nails aren't done!!! (Not saying this is your daughter but I can see it happening.)
    proud2Bmomma

Answer by proud2Bmomma at 9:10 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• All of my girls have painted fingers and toes most of the time. It's always for fun and look pretty. I started painting my oldest when she was an infant.

I draw the line at fishnets.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 9:41 AM on Mar. 13, 2009