Messy house?

My house is a mess.. NOT dirty though.( I dont have dishes or a nasty bathroom. )And nope not lazy. Just un organized..... where do I start?? Im sick of starring @it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Start in one room and go one room at a time. Make sure you start with the general cleaning first, then do your reorganizing. Buy some plastic boxes if necessary and label each, for example, put all your old magazines in one, old papers in another, out of season stuff in another, etc.. etc.... Then do your general straightening stuff, rearranging, etc...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Hmmm it's never easy to organize but for me I always start out with going through everything sorting it out and getting rid of any of the things that I don't need or want any more. I also go room by room so as to not be over whelmed.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 1:08 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Of course your house is a mess! You have kids. Most moms can't possibly stay on top of everything.
    I find that if I have a chore list of all the things I should be doing on any given day (ie laundray, vacuuming, dusting, etc.) it's easier for me to stay on top of it. Also, try to make a concerted effort to pick up after yourself and have others do the same. I've found that this eliminates a lot of work later.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 1:09 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Room to room...otherwise you end up walking all over the house distracted. I start from big mess to detailed mess so I can at least see my progress. And if I decide to quit, someone else can tell I cleaned at least.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:10 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• You have to declutter every day. I have a waste basket in every room and don't keep things we bring in the house for long at all if it is not a useful item. It's crazy the things we collect every single day! Get in the habit of putting things "back" where they belong after you use them too. I'm actually good at keeping things tidy, but I hate cleaning. I need tips on that!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:13 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• And clothes are a big issue. I never seem to fold them or put em away. There all over my dryer.. I got organzied once a few months ago took about 5 days. Then it was so much easier havn my kids clothes hung, in drawers!! And now back to square one. :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Make it a party. Bring over your closest friends. Break out the booze and get to cleaning. Make sure you have really upbeat music and do it on a pretty day that way you can open all the doors and windows and really feel spring in the air. Have a system in place for throw away things, donations and stuff that needs to be stored. And try to Freecycle some stuff. Its really good just go to
    www. freecycle.com

see what someone else might need.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:27 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I have clutter too! I have a small house and three packrats. It is not a good combination. I go through with three piles. Stuff to keep, stuff to toss and stuff to donate or sell. Only keep things you can use and will use, and only if you have a place for it. I do this every couple of months! I hate doing it, but it is so hard for me to keep up with it. If you have some friends or family you trust not to turn it into a lecture, then invite them over to help out.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:37 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• well, start in one room.. and go through EVERYTHING in that room, and find a place for it.. if you can't find a place for it in that room, but it in another that isn't done yet for the time being... when you are done, what you don't have a place for, and don't need, get rid of, what you need, make a place for it.
    consider buying some storage units as well.

the biggest thing that helps me... if I don't use it, and it just collects dust, then that's all it's ever going to do, and i chuck it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:39 AM on Mar. 13, 2009