This is a little gross (no bashing please)

Ok, last July 30th we had a real bad pasture fire, my BIL used to live next door to us and their house was DISGUSTING. At the time of the fire they had extremely bad roaches, the fire got within a few feet of their house, but the fire fighters were able to contain it before it got real close to us. Well, due to the fire all the roaches they had ran from the heat and have found their way into my house. I have used raid, those trap things, this "peanut butter" stuff that is supposed to kill them and pest control has been out here 4 times already and everytime they just get worst. I'm a SAHM and I'm very very particular about how clean my house is, especially since I have a 3 yr old and a 15 month old. But despite all this I canNOT get rid of the roaches... anyone know what else I can try. I will try anything that isn't going to harm kids!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Home & Garden

• try the bombs
    Mrs_Dewberry

Answer by Mrs_Dewberry at 1:23 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• You say pest control has been out? They can't recommend something for you to try? I would be calling a different company... surely they can help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• psssssssssssstttttttttt I think the bashers went to bed already...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I have had our local one and orkin, they just keep getting worst. I haven't thought of the bombs, I will try that tomorrow. I am just so sick of this. Everybody is always saying that they don't see how they survive in my house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Roaches are tough to get rid of. I'm not even sure if you can get rid of them! The bombs will just make them hide, they'll come out when it's safe again. I would call some other professionals.
    Good luck:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Try Combat gel. It comes in a syringe like tube and you squeeze it out wherever you need it.
    You can find it at Wal-Mart and it's not cheap (like $13 a tube)! My sister in law brought some stuff over to our house a while back (she has a major roach problem) and I guess there were roaches in that stuff because we ended up having a big problem. We tried everything- yes I think the bombs just make them hide. Nothing worked and someone recommended the Combat. Within 2 days they were gone. Haven't had a problem since.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 3:37 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• like the anwser above, we had major problem, and i used combats, those bait traps, bought several packs at store, moved into house, that had thousands of them, hope these work for you, don't go cheap and buy the cheap traps, COMBAT
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:50 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• we have the same problem and we use the combat gel it helps alot . oh and yes do not get the cheap stuff ..it is not worth the time or trouble to use it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:36 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• FYI roaches live in warm areas  i.e frigs, stoves anything that stays warm ... if you have them and seem to not be able to get rid of them, they maybe in these appliances and you may have to get rid of them... also inside walls... you can have the cleanest house in the world, but once they get in certain areas they tend to become harder to get rid of...
     Also set outdoor traps around the house to prevent more from coming in... have the co. spray the outside also... get a lawn co. out to do the grass they tend to have a bug killer in their chemicals when fertilizing the lawns..

Good luck, but check those appliances.. including hot water tanks, furnaces and any fireplaces that you may have...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:04 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• i have the same problem you'll have to get monthly treatments out pest control guy said as long as the ppl next door dont do anything we'll always have them but monthly treatments will help , Well they did better then just help the roaches are gone. The ppl next door are so bad our pest guy hit their trash can and hundreds came out but we're still bug free
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:47 PM on Mar. 13, 2009