Anyone dealing with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)?

How do you deal with SAD: therapy, antidepressants, homeopathic remedies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Health

• yes. well the whole hour change thing got to me! thank god for my husband he was my supporter..lol I can never ajust to it.
    mommy394

Answer by mommy394 at 2:41 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I used to, especially when I was overseas. I was on prozac and ambien. It still hits me around October, but not as bad.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:51 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Just getting outside and geting some light is helpful as is exercise. Some people with SAD are helped just by going for a one-hour walk in the daylight. Light box therapy can be helpful. Some places will let you rent a box for a month or so to see if it'll help you. There's also a Dawn Simulator that gets brighter as the time you're to wake up comes closer so it's brightest when you're to wake up (like a light alarm clock). It helps some people with SAD wake up easier.
    Anonymous