does anyone ever want to rip their mil head off

my mother in law wants to go to our visits but the doctor asks lots of quistoins that she doesnt need to know the answer to. her only bc duaghter let her go to everything with her and even did an at home birth. so now i feel bad about wanting to disclude her in my pregnancy but im very modest and the fact of the matter is she dont need to be back there the whole time id rather get a dvd and then let her watch that but when i brought that up she got all but hurt. she calls me silly and stuiped and argues with everything i say id much rather not scar my ob of her insane hippie thoughts she doesnt understand my health issues the siezurs the asthma and allergies ,low blood pressure honestly she i just offend her and tell her she needs to wait in the waiting room until after were done talking with the ob sierously she doesnt need to know im on pelvic rest and how often we do it some one help please

SarahRandall

Asked by SarahRandall at 2:41 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Just tell her its none of her business what you are talking about with your OB. She either understands, accepts and respect that or she doesnt. If she doesnt then thats her problem and not yours. Tell your SO to talk to her if she gives you that much trouble.

I totally understand you, it would piss me off so bad too.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:55 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• MIL, I love you but my uterus is mine and I'll be happy to show u some pics, thank u for respecting my feelings, I don't want u and u will not be going to the doctors office with me.

By the way her daughter shared everything, your her DIL.

If u feel uncomf with it tell her they wont allow somemany ppl. in the room and ur mom plans to be there, or ur sis, or ur grandma, what ever!

U OWE HER NOTHING!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I would def. tell her that you know she wouldn't think anything of it but you are just uncomfortable and would rather go to the dr. by yourself. Keep her involved in other ways and shop with her and lots of other activities but don't feel bad saying no to taking her to dr. appts.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:45 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I agree that you have a right to your privacy during the doctor visits. Some people are more private than others. Since you have already made it clear that you don't want her with you on your regular visits; make sure to tell your doctor if you don't want her in the delivery room. Or tell the nurses who you do/don't want in there with you. They will have no problem telling your MIL that they only "allow" the mom and dad, or they will just tell her for you that you prefer not to have anyone in there while you deliver. And trust me, they are there for YOU! and will not have a problem doing this for you.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• stop the information train. The less she knows the better. You tell her what info YOU want her to know and nothing else. If she questions you just bluntly tell her that said info is between you, your SO, and your Dr. If need be talk to your OB about restricting visitors. If you have the list before you go in it is MUCH easier.
    erika.lyn

Answer by erika.lyn at 12:19 AM on Mar. 14, 2009