Don't know if this is in your area, but you might want to talk to your kids...

Hubby and I sat down with our 11, 10, and 4 year old today and talked to them about this after we saw it on the news, and we showed them the news story and everything. Apparently at least here in Washington state, there's been a new drug, BZT, that is like ecstacy but they are trying to get kids hooked on it by making it look like candy in the shape of a cartoon character. Looks just like kids vitamins to me. My kids would have thought it was candy and taken it. What about yours?

http://www.q13fox.com/pages/news_story_landing_page/?Police-Issue-Warning-About-Kiddie-Narcot=1&blockID=237173&feedID=144

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 3:26 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I heard of this. These creeps are sick in the head! Targeting children, flippin crazyies! Thanks for passing along the info! These drug addicts will try anything and everything.
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 9:20 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• i havent seen it
    Mrs_Dewberry

Answer by Mrs_Dewberry at 3:27 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Hmm...thats terrible, I just read the article that you linked. I wish the picture was a bit bigger and they were more descriptive on exactly what cartoon characters are being used on these. Maybe post a warning journal for all other moms on CM.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 3:35 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• That is sick its very sad because I know even my six year old may look at that and think its nothing but candy, its very low of drug dealers and manufacturers to go that low and get children hooked on drugs

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 4:35 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Here's another article on it, a little more descriptive

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2009/mar/12/club-drug-that-looks-like-candy-shows-up-in/
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:44 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• West Sound Narcotics Enforcement Team

BZP pills are designed to look like popular cartoon characters, including Bart Simpson and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:49 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Wow...thank you for posting this. My son is too young to worry about but I will definately pass this on to my mom and other mothers!
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 9:31 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I know my dd would not take it. We don't give her candy that looks like that, she has Flintstones vitamins that she takes. But the hard candy that looks like them we do not buy and we have told her many times before if it looks like that do not take it. Kids her age sometimes think vitamins and other medicines are candy and they are not. She is only allowed to take candy from certain people. Family members,one neighbor that's my bff. Even then I'm over visiting with her. so my friend will ask me first if she can have candy etc. Its also helpful that my bff's son had the hard candy and I said ok you can try it and she said it taste yucky so she won't eat it. my mom has gotten the hard candy like that in an Easter egg and something else a car I think she wouldn't eat it.She kept the toy and tossed the candy.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 9:48 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I haven't heard of this, but thank you so much for this very important information. You're right, this is something every parent needs to be aware of,and to talk to their kids about. The people who peddle drugs to our kids are the worst kind of bottom feeding scum,and should all be locked up,and have the key thrown away!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 10:43 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I will pass the information along.. my dd is too young for candy, but I know cousins of mine that have younger kids, or are young kids themselves still.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:44 AM on Mar. 13, 2009