family bed

im a single mom of a 16 mo old son who sleeps in my bed. when he was about 13 mos old he startedclimbing out of his crib and i thought that he was way to young for a toddler bed so i let him sleep with me now that he's a little older my mom and my sisters are trying to tell me that hes ready for a bed of his own. what should i do?

liadotwtd

Asked by liadotwtd at 3:51 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• try it out see if you and him like it and if not OH WELL...do what you think is best for you and your son. Sometimes you gotta block out the family, I know all to well of that one. I co-sleep as well and am considering a toddler bed.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 3:56 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Do what feel like is best.....however the longer you co sleep, the harder it will be to get him into his own bed when you want your space back. You must have conflicting feelings deep down if you are asking, which brings me to the question you should ask yourself, am I comforting him or is he comforting me? If the answer you derive to is he is in your bed because he is a comfort to you since you are all by yourself, then sadly it is time to let your baby try and be a big boy.
    Either way do what your heart tells you to do. You are not hurting him by him sleeping with you, he'll been fine either way you choose to do it. :)
    KadensMom907

Answer by KadensMom907 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 13, 2009