What are the signs

of a cat going into heat? This is my first cat I have ever had. She is 7 months old. She is making really crazy sounds its not a meow or a purr. It sounds like a mating call lol. And she does it ALOT! It's kinda freaking me out lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I just read that cats can be spayed as early as 8 weeks, but my vet said 6 months. I would go talk to a vet about it and have it done asap! Here is a great website for spaying info:

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_the_feline_spay.html#At-What-Age-Can-My-Cat-Be-Spayed

As far as the declawing, I personally wouldn't do it to my cats (I have 2) because it is unnecessary, and if they do happen to get outside, they can not defend themselves against other animals. Here's a link with information that I tend to agree with as far as declawing a cat and a small statement from the article:

Remember, declawing is radical surgery that involves amputating the first joint of a cat's toes. It's permanent, expensive, and irreversible, and may have unwanted affect on your cat's behavior. Please consider other alternatives such as SOFTPAWS nail caps before committing your cat to surgery.

http://www.petstation.com/declaw.html
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:37 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• does she put her belly on the ground and stick her butt up in the air? chances are shes in heat
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 4:12 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• she just puts her butt in the air. The sound she makes is mrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaawwwww
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• congrats your cat wants someone to tap her pune tang lol go get her fixed
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 4:21 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Sounds like she's in heat, why don't you get her fixed?
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:22 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• We are gonna get her fixed. They lady I got her from said they have to be a year old before you can get them fixed. Also I want to get her declawed or is that mean?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Some people think it is, it's something you should research and decide on your own.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:35 AM on Mar. 13, 2009