how do you react to mice

when i see one i jump on the highest piece of furnater thats close by until its gone and even then im in tears but im just terrified of rodents.always have been i hate mice hamsters and rats i mean they are germy and they can have up to285 babies a year i mean im paying the bills here they cant live there for free i mean i cant support that i mean i have a cat but he just looks at them and goes back to sleep unless im crying and jumping up and down then he goes and kills them and leaves them on the kitchen floor to let us know he has caught and killed it

what is your reactoin to rodents and do you think your over reacting about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I normally scream.. I remember one time coming into my family's kitchen and there was a mouse sitting a foot from my cat.. and the cat did nothing. Really? What kind of a cat just chills out with a mouse?
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:28 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Never had mice in the house. But DH got a ginniepig I came home and saw the box he told me look inside I screamed so loud the neighboor came over to see if I was ok lol. Ya and we still have it. I have kinda taken to it but when it dies we are NOT getting another one lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:32 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• If I see one I'll generally shriek or scream as a first reaction. But since we lived in the country for 5 years as adults and most o my life as a child, after the initial shock of them, I'm calmer. In fact now I can even set and empty mouse traps. When we went out to our country home that is for sale, it was adopted by some mice and they had babies....we were catching all the babies in glass jars to move them on out. So initial shock of seeing something dart across the floor scares me, but then I'm alright.

The worst was when I opened my kitchen sweeper to dump out the previous mess and a mouse ran out of it and over my hand. He had made a nice home in my sweeper...UGH! That freaked me out so bad I was terrified to open that ever again....I'd stand way back and aim it the other direction every time after that.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 4:38 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• If I see it running across the room (startling me) I give a jump and a little scream....and set some traps.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:05 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Probably less of a panic than if I saw a rat. We've had rats in our apartment. I am clean to the point of OCD, but they were coming in through the back and my neighbor leaves open dog food in her cabinets. I've only heard them get stuck in the glue traps and the scraping plastic sound. I left the dirty work to my husband. He had to smash one that was the size of his foot one night.

Is that odd they put me into a near anxiety attack when I have 3 guinea pigs?
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:53 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• omg I think they're so cute. My sister is completely phobic about them though so I've become her catch and release program. Nothing with fur and four legs bothers me.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 7:55 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• If I see a mouse I tend to cringe, but then the "warrior" in me kicks in. I want that little beastie and his friends gone! So I set traps, scrub down everything in the cabinets that mice may have touched, check for any open foods and throw them out - do a deep cleaning. Then I keep after them until they are fully erradicated! Wooha!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:07 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• With fear, loathing, and absolute revulsion!! Yuck!
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 8:11 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I think they're adorable. I don't want to co-habitate with them, however. So if I see one, I'll try to catch it and put it out. If I see evidence of more than one, it's time to call a professional, although I always feel just terrible about it. Poor little things are just looking for food and shelter... lol...
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:14 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I have a metal baseball bat, it does the job, and I won't get any closer than that...
    We live in the country so they are everywhere, I want a cat but hubby says no....
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 8:47 AM on Mar. 13, 2009