Best thing to let son help make?

I want to include my son in the kitchen so we can help daddy as a family. What is the best and funnest things to make for a 14month old? Mind you he is a very smart lil guy.

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 4:29 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He can sprinkle pepperoni and cheese on a pizza
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 4:44 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• We do cookies a lot, he can help put on sprinkles, my little one likes to put M&Ms on too.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:48 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I use to let him help with frosting, he breaks out easily with milk fatty stuff. Sprinkles sound FUN! We eat pizza alot to so that sounds great, lol thanks ladies.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 4:50 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• My daughter likes to mash up hard boiled eggs to make egg salad. she needs my help so that egg doesn't fly everywhere, but she really enjoys it and does a good job.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 12:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• My kids help alot in the kitchen. That's great they you have him helping out and so long as you don't mind it taking longer to get things cooking these are some of the things we do:
    When cutting and cooking veggies or potatoes I will cut them and when they slide off the cutting board onto the counter is when the kids can pick them up and put them in the pot. I have a salad spinner and the kids spin it and then when it's drained they put it into the bowl and add the veg's that I'd cut while they spun. If we're having chicken strips or something like that that needs to be placed on a baking sheet I let them do it. There's really no wrong way and they feel so independant. My kids are now 3 and 4 and have been helping in the kitchen for some time now. They also bake with my mom, my son (4) know's all about measurements now.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:19 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• oh forgot my 3 yr old loves to make grilled cheese. She uses one of her knives, no sharp edges more like a cheese knife and she butter's the bread and adds the cheese and then I take over the cooking.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:20 PM on Mar. 13, 2009