Still in love with one guy.....falling for another.

The relationship between my sons father and I is really complicated. His family moved to another state when DS was only 2 months old. He's 20 months now. And despite his mothers wishes (she does not want him to have anything to do with us) He still stays in contact with us and checks up on DS. I still love him alot but I dont know if he's ever coming back (or if his mother will ever let him return... he just turned 18) and he wont give me any straight answers he beats around the bush all the time. Now I've been talking to this guy for the past 2 months and I really like him. He's so sweet and he gives me little butterflies AND he understands that DS is the #1 guy in my life. Unlike other guys who do not understand I have priorities. I want to give this guy a chance but my heart is still with my sons father. What do I do??? And what if my son's father comes back and wants to renew things??? Im so confused!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I think that you should follow your heart and stop waiting around for your son's father to step up and be a man.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• You need to wait and not get involved with anyone. You need to really think about what you want in a husband and that takes time to sort out. You need to have a very clear understanding of what love is really all about and that is commitment for a lifetime. It is not about warm, fuzzy, fluttering feelings. Those will not last with anyone. The things that are most important are does the guy want to be a husband and father , or is he just looking for sex? Is he a man of character--is he honest, hard-working. loyal? How does he treat his mother, his sisters, his other friends? Who are his friends? Are they of good character? You must look at the big picture and not be ruled by your feelings. Feelings will get you into trouble, if you base your choices just on them. Use your mind and determine exactly what you want before you make another move.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:44 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I agree with NannyB, take her advice...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 8:56 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I would bet you the babies dad does alot of this on his...not just mommy...second...can you answer the question WHY...why should you or your child have to wait on a life..your really not together anyway..who knows what can of future can be right at your fingertips...I dont know how old you are , but personally I threw away really good guys because of the same kind stuff...Please save yourself the pain...live and be loved you and your child deserve it...Hope things work out for you...
    lorrainebabies

Answer by lorrainebabies at 11:36 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• You can enjoy this new guy. no one says you have to marry him. I would just live my life and be as happy as I can be. If you want to live for a future with your baby's father then fine but don't cheat yourself out of life while waiting

Answer by admckenzie at 11:52 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I HAVE DEFINITLEY BEEN THEIR.. I DIDNT HAVE KIDS YET SO I CAN ONLY IMAGINE WHAT YOUR GOING THREW... DO WHAT YOUR HEART SAY..
    ASHLEY1436

Answer by ASHLEY1436 at 12:56 PM on Mar. 13, 2009