progress?

Ok, how can i progress my labor or dilation? - Im almost 37 weeks - in pain - one cm dilated - measuring 40 weeks - lost my plug, or atleast some of it - what can i do to progress this?....

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 8:48 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There's no one thing to do. You can try any/all of these you want, but your body will only go into labor when baby and you are ready. Here are some things:

-Lots of walking
    -Sex
    -Pineapple
    -Spicy food
    -A good professional massage
    -Reflexology points (on your ankle and your shoulder, said to induce contractions)

However, you should only be doing these things if your doctor has told you it is ok for you to go into labor at any time. Pre-term labor and delivery is nothing to mess with. It is truly only a few more weeks to go, and you CAN make it to full term if your body needs to. I started having false labor a month before my 2nd was born, and you just have to let nature run it's course. Good luck!
    omahamama731

Answer by omahamama731 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 13, 2009