Do you ever wonder if people are not being truthful?

I know this sounds petty, but whenever someone asks "What are you having for dinner?" some of the answers sound fake. I mean, your going to tell me everyone has baked chicken, steamed vegtables and a salad? That is just an example but it always makes it look like everyone eats so healthy. If that were true so many Americans wouldnt be overweight. Does anyone else ever question this? I just find it strange that no one eats pizza, hamburgers, french fries, or heck even fast food! Oh and if someone eats fast food, how come its always Subway?! As stated before I know this sounds petty, but I think its pathetic you would have to lie about what your having for dinner just so people think you eat healthy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, as for the specific topic of dinner...keep in mind that the members here are actually a small part of the overall population of the US. It's also not a question that is asked every day...the specific day of the week could play a factor as well (we, for example, eat more junk on the weekends than during the week)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:19 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Also, I think people tend to eat fast food when they're out and about. If you are home, on CM then I think you are more likely to be planning on cooking dinner, but ifyou're running around then a quick dinner on the go might be more likely. We only really eat fast food when we are traveling (road food) but that's just our family. A normal dinner for us is baked chicken breasts, rice, and a veggie. BUT that is mostly because I don't know how to cook a lot of stuff!! We do have hamburgers once in a while. I love them.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:35 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• This is kind of a funny question....who knows, maybe some ARE lying about it to seem as if they take the time to make a healthy dinner, but maybe they really went to Micky D's instead...lol

About 4 days a week i take the time to make a healthy dinner & yes it usually includes veggies & sides. But i am a health freak, i do not eat fast food & i want my family to be healthy. It can be a pain, but it saves me money & as long as SO helps w/ cleaning after I don't mind at all, & i also work a 40 hour week. My dinners are simple though, & sometimes i prepare stuff the night before. I also LOVE cooking, so it's no chip off my shoulder. It's a pleasure of mine to fill people's bellies!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:00 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Oh, and the other 3 days of the week, we eat leftovers.....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:01 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• So last night, I planned on chicken and potatoes. Come time to make dinner, the chicken was still completely frozen. So we decided we would run to the store and then come home and cook dinner. Instead of going to the store for the few things we planned on getting, we woun up spending about 3 hours out, so we stopped at mcdonalds. And tonight, are we eating the now thrawed chicken? Nope. We are going to Playhouse Disney which starts at 630 and its a little over an hours drive away so we are going to grab some food on the way. The chicken is for tomorrow!

Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:23 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I think the people who are answering the post are being truthful. But I also believe the people who are not eating healthy will look at everybody and healthy dinner and say nah I'm answering this question. Last night we had pizza for dinner,The night before that we had taco bell. the night before that was Friendly's and the night before went over to a friends house and had spaghetti. I have no idea whats for dinner tonight, maybe Shrimp Alfredo. with garlic cheese biscuits. Usually we have a nice wine to go with it, but wont tonight, no wine for pregnant people.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 10:30 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Thanks for your opinions ladies. I was just wanting to see if I was the only one that thought that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Well I do not answer questions that I would lie about. Really what is the point? If it is about food we do eat healthy. However that does that mean I don't have a bag of jelly beans in my car to snack on? Nope.
    I do not know what other people are doing- only me.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:57 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I DO eat that healthy :~) Fruits and veggies are a must have part of DD's and my diet. We RARELY eat out, but as PP said, if I am eating out, its usually because Im out running around and didn't have time to cook. I can't afford to eat fast food regularly, so our meals are always planned, and almost always healthy.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 11:04 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• LOL! I agree with you! I always feel soooo bad when I see those questions and I never answer them. We eat a lot of frozen pizza's, premade frozen dinners, Mac n Cheese is a popular one around here too! I cook a real meal about twice a week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Mar. 13, 2009