Do you let your kids pee outside?

My GMIL lives in the country and has a pool so rather than tracking water into the house, the kids pee outside, hidden from everyone else, not in an area people walk often. She thought they were going to pee the other day because they went to the other side of the garage and she about flipped out! I don't see what the big deal is! My DFH even said he had just peed outside the night before!

TanyaR1024

Asked by TanyaR1024 at 9:19 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• Heck yeah! I have 2 boys and they love peeing outside. Its part of how they learned to potty train. My sil had a pool a few summers ago and she also has two boys. We let them all pee outside. Its way better than tracking water into the house just to pee.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:23 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• JMO, it is trashy. My nephew did this for awhile, but then when he went to a friends house he would try to as well. It is hard to let them do something like that, but only here or there. I would rather deal with the water in my house and have well mannered kids.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 9:24 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• This question has been asked a surprising amount of times. (I'm not saying anything BAD about you asking) I just think its kinda odd that its so common lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• First time I have seen this question and yes my boys have peed outside before. You know if your child can make it on time to the bathroom or not and if I even think they aren't going to make it I let them. You think grown men don't pee outside? Hell they still try to write their name in the snow.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:35 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• My son loves to pee outside actually, lol. One time I had to let him when we were first potty training because he was not going to make it anywhere to use a toilet and then he was always asking to, lol! It's not like he does it daily or anything, but if we're at Nana's he'll pee in the backyard, or once we were looking at houses all day and every single one was a vacant short-sale or bank-owned, so no water or power in any of them, and I had to let him pee in one of the backyards there too. Felt kind of bad about that one, but heck, no one would have ever known, I guess!
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 9:42 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Last summer my 2 1/2 yr old GIRL would be playing in the pool at my moms and then she'd hide behind a bush to pee...she still tries to even now that its cold outside. Its no big deal to me. It's better than her peeing in her pants. I wouldnt let her do it at someone else house though.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 9:43 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Doesnt it stink up? When we lived in a one bedroom, and that bathroom was occupied, Josh would haul butt thru the house and yeah, would take the wilderness on. When we had a pool, definately preferred the trees to the pool!! We had towels to wrap around the girls and the boys. I am not sure about peeing all the time, I worried about the sun hitting it and it stinking. I lived in the heat of FL as well.
    Pffft

Answer by Pffft at 9:51 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I just not good to teach your kids to pee outside they are not animals. I had a friend who did that. She was against teaching kids manners. Will years later her son had draped out of school, took drugs, just a problem child. HAD NO RESPECT FOR ANYTHING
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:10 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Gammie, I am sure it had everything to do with him peeing out side! Maybe my brothers and my boyfriend and my brother in law and a few others are just problem chilren in a grown body waiting to ruin their wonderful lives! We better look out!
    Pffft

Answer by Pffft at 10:16 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• No, but we live in the suburbs. If we lived in the country, i would allow it at certain times...
    Emmoney

Answer by Emmoney at 10:22 AM on Mar. 13, 2009