How do I find out if a doctor has been or is under investigation?

I know this is a strange Q, but I have suspicions about my long time family practitioner. I have been seeing him for about 6 yrs and just recently there have been some new "policies" put in place in his practice. He told me they are coming from the state, but its only HIS practice that are having to abide by these rules. They are very strange and they limit what he can and can't do. Its very frustrating because I have to find a new doc and I really liked this one, but after I told my mother about the new "policies", she told me from her doctors office experience that he must have been caught doing something or they wouldn't have done this. He can't write certain kinds of prescripts and even some that are not "controlled" substance and they can't give shots in the office anymore. The restrictions are SUPER tight and it leaves me wondering if he did something that caused him to almost lose his license. How do I find out?

momofsaee

Asked by momofsaee at 9:21 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Health

• Maybe call the doctors board or state board? IDK??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• There are websites in my state where i can check that info. Check your state health dept, it might be there.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:29 AM on Mar. 13, 2009