Question about baby dropping?

Does your belly appear smaller when the baby drops? With my only child I had to be induced so I never experienced "dropping"...

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 9:30 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was induced at 39 weeks w/both because I have big babies, but both dropped between 36 & 37 weeks. I guess for some people the belly may appear smaller, but for me I just knew because there was a LOT more pressure in my pelvis (like i felt like baby was going to just fall out! sorry if TMI) and I had a lot less heartburn and indigestion because baby wasn't squishing my tummy so much. I was having to go pee at least 1 time per hour, so I drank as much water as I possibly could during the day so I didn't have to try and hydrate (and pee) in the middle of the night. Good luck! This is a pretty amazing time for you :-)
    omahamama731

Answer by omahamama731 at 9:39 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• lol that is a a good question i was wondering that myself my belly looks as if it hs gone down in size but now everything else hurts i guess it just depends on the person and the baby
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:29 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I just noticed this morning that I had dropped. It doesn't look smaller, just the bump is lower.
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 12:18 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I think I measure smaller when the baby drops, actually. It depends on your body but yes I think droppping can make your belly look smaller.
    woodj2

Answer by woodj2 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 13, 2009