Do you eat or drink anything before your OB visits?

My sister doesn't eat or drink a thing so the scale doesn't insult her lol, but wouldn't that also make your blood pressure appear high if you don't drink anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would always drink before going so that I was able to give a pee sample. When you are pregnant it is one time not to worry about the scale!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 9:35 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I eat 24/7, lol, I'm going to weigh "fat" either way while I'm pregnant, so what is one or two extra pounds of liquid and food going to do to me, lol, if I eat when I get home I'd be weighing that much more anyway!
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 9:39 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• it all depends on when the appointment is and what it is for some they tell you not too eat or drink before
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 9:53 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• no my blood pressure as never changed and usually since my appointments are so early i usually only have some water food in the AM doesnt sit well with me
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:28 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I like my appointments in the afternoon and they've all been at 3 pm. There's no way I could wait that long to eat. I don't eat after lunch, until the appointment is over, though. I do drink water all day, though, regardless.

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 13, 2009