Why do my boys pee all over toilet...

Mostly my 5 yr old. In the mornings when he pees his spray is out of control! This morning I go into the bathroom and theres a huge puddle around the toilet. I am sick of cleaning my bathroom everyday.
Anyone else have this problem with boys??

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 9:39 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• oh man! i cant stand when my boys do that! i told my fiance that when we move a 2 or more bathroom house is a must! and one of the bathrooms is going to be only mine because im so tired of having to wipe the toilet seat every single time i go to use it! and my fiance is as bad as the boys! lol- can u imagine being 6 months preggo and having to run to the bathroom half asleep in the middle of the night again- not wanting to open ur eyes all the way and u sit and splat! now u have a wet butt! lol i cant wait till we get our multi bathroom house because with 3 boys and one more boy on the way- im looking forward to another 21 years of this mess! lol
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I have two boys and they do the same thing. I refuse to clean it anymore. I tell them if they miss they must clean it or it's hubby's job.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:41 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Please white potties never look white with boys... LOL My boy pees where he is looking... Its a mess every stinkn day... They are a t total mess.. But my hubby still missz to.. LOL Im a cleanen up pee machine around my house...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 9:45 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I have this problem with girls. LOL

Not all over the toilet but they get off the toilet to reach the toilet paper and they drip all over the floor. I didn't realize it at first but once I figured it out it's smelled much better in there.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 9:48 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Why does my husband still pee all over my toilet, lol?
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 9:48 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Make them sit down or next time look to see what they are doing. You are the mom teach them to hit the target.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:58 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• My son does the same dang thing. I just make him clean it up. He hates having to clean it, so he's gotten better at aiming.
    gammie, you must not have boys or they're not potty trained, because even the best of them miss sometimes, especially when they're tired or excited. You can't just "teach them to hit the target".
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 10:22 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• ha ha...yeah, my SO does it sometimes. i taught my SS to clean it himself when he misses. He may not clean it all, but he does do better.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:22 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I have started making my son sit! He's 8 years old, but if he can't take the time to make sure he hits the water in the toilet, he isn't allowed to stand up! I know different stuff works for different people, but with your 5 year old, maybe he is just sleeping so soundly that by the time he wakes up he has to go so bad that he makes it, but just not all the way to the toilet. Of course, on a side note that maybe might make you giggle or thank the stars that this isn't your child, I walked in to find mine who was supposed to be in the shower last night, standing outside of the shower peeing into it! Argh! See, it could be worse! But, I think I might try making them sit down. Good luck!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 10:29 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• same reason men do....bad aim. LOL. You can always teach him to sit down to pee.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 13, 2009