What's for breakfast? Today, tomorrow or usually?

I need more breakfast options. They don't have to be kid friendly. DD is only 5 months and I'm a SAHM. I'm tired of toast or oatmeal and I'm not about to gain weight on bacon and eggs every day.

MamaChamp

Asked by MamaChamp at 10:04 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I usually eat dry Frosted Mini Wheats and coffee or oatmeal and I really like both though it is not very exciting.
    I went to a B&B once and tried to imitate something I had there for breakfast. It was a parfait....
    I added cinnamon and nutmeg to low fat coconut milk and froze it (you could use any frozen blended fruit) I would take it out of the freezer and thaw it to ice cream like consistance then layer it with low fat vanilla yogurt and Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal (LOVE that stuff but could use any granola type or really any kind of cereal at all). Then I topped it with flaked coconut.
    I ate it every morning for a long time! I think maybe I need to do that again!!
    Good Luck!
    Amy :)
    TSismybiz

Answer by TSismybiz at 10:40 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Bacon and eggs isn't actually that bad for you. If you do egg whites and turkey bacon.
    I usually do oatmeal or yogurt with fruit.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• First, you wouldn't gain weight by eating bacon and eggs. Regular bacon is healthy than turkey bacon because it has less salt. So, having 2-3 strips of bacon once a week isn't going to cause you to gain weight. And eggs have been said to be beneficial to you in helping you LOSE weight. So, by all means have that with some whole grain toast or english muffin. You can also make healthy smoothies with frozen berries and plain light yogurt. Or a carton of light yogurt with fresh berries or half a whole grain bagel with peanut butter
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:13 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• yeah but I would have 2-3 slices of bacon and 2 eggs...thats a little fat don't cha think?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:32 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• We usually do cereal and fruit. I like to buy french vanilla organic yogurt, and throw some (frozen) mangos and strawberries in. I blend em up and have a nice fruit smoothie :~) Sometimes we have left over dinner for breakfast, if Im in the mood for it lol

I also make homemade oatmeal. Homefries are a good choice also, but a little time consuming.

What about an english muffin with a bit of butter and some cinnamon sugar?
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 10:58 AM on Mar. 13, 2009