• In the Spotlight:

What did you get your MIL for her birthday this past year?

My MIL's birthday is Tuesday and I don't have a clue on what to get her. If you could just throw some ideas my way I would appreciate it.

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 10:06 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We don't give anything for birthdays to the in-laws (long story). Gift certificates to a favorite store are always good, and for my MIL, different kinds of hot tea are always a hit, and what she gets every year for Christmas.
    For my Mom, I always just ask what she wants or needs and go with that.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 10:18 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• A wooden birdhouse. She collects them though. She gets one from us every year for her birthday. For Mother's Day and Christmas, we have given her poetry books, jewelry, perfume, books, journals, scrapbooks, and a slideshow DVD of her favorite pictures.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:08 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• We got her a vaccume...I don't suggest that though unless you know she needs it. Get her dinner for two at her favorit restraurant.
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 10:08 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• My mother inlaw likes eeyore so i buy her anything eeyore...however a good idea would be to get a grandmother frame from a craft store or target or walmart take a picture of ALL OF HER GRANDCHILDREN and put in the fram for her...let ur kids take and draw her something or sign there name to a card...u could aslo frame a letter..like write one about how much she means to you and how happy u are to have her in ur life.....those are good motherinlaw gifts imo
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 10:10 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Gift certificate to her favorite store. That way she can get what she wants.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:11 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Nothing...At that time she was estranged from her son! very strange

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• A swift kick in the ass, oh no wait that is what she is getting this year. Last year she got a very expesive bracelet, this year we bailed her ass out so she wouldn't lose her house so she is getting jack shit!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:27 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• An ecard with pictures of our boys, a plant with several diiferent house plants in it, and a card. She lives 2000 miles away so I just had it delivered....
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 10:30 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Shit, my MIL's is this weekend. We have no clue what to get her. She says she just wants us to bring the baby up, so that's what we're doing!
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 10:34 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Nothing, she requests that we dont get her anything she would rather us save the money for Cassidy. She is adament about it, so we do that. I just usally buy her a nice card and have DD make her something.
    Cassidysmom611

Answer by Cassidysmom611 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 13, 2009