Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where can i get clothes altered?

I am 5ft tall and always have a horrible time finding clothes that fit. I am finally just going to buy me some nice work clothes and have them tailored to my length. But where do I do this? Do department stores offer this service? The store I bought the clothes? This is why I have never had it done!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Shopping

Answers (5)
  • I always go to a tailor. You can find a private one in the yellow pages or there is usually one available at dry cleaners. It is totally worth the money. When clothes fit well you look ten times better!

    Answer by kboney29 at 10:26 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

  • Some department stores do have it. Otherwise you can look up alterations in your phone book and find someone nearby. Its really easy. They will fit you and it will be done in less than a week.

    Answer by MamaChamp at 10:26 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

  • A lot of Dry cleaners offer tailoring services. I haven't used them (the only thing I've ever had tailored was my wedding dress). But, if you are just getting some pants hemmed it should be no problem (if it was something more complicated I would seek out a place that does alterations only).


    Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:41 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

  • Find a WAHM in your area! Support the real working mothers. Lots of moms like myself alter clothing. Claytons Drycleaners offers alteration, I used to work at one. Also, stores like Macy's and JC Penny usually have them or can point you in the right direction.

    Answer by navy-wife at 10:47 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

  • tailor is where i go.

    Answer by soccermama08 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.