How can I find out my credit score for free?

Everywhere that claims it is "free" asks for credit card info so they can bill you later on, but me and hubz don't keep credit cards. So how can I get an actual FREE report?? Anybody know??

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 10:38 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• if you go to annualcreditreport.com or the places like trasunion.com they show you your credit report for free but usually charge to see your credit score which is different from a report.

I use creditkarma.com to check my score. Its free and easy to use and its great for me to improve my score with all the things they offer.
    KiLora_Gifts

Answer by KiLora_Gifts at 11:45 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• you cant they all want your money
    only thing i could think of is go apply for one of those loans at a loan place they tell you lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• www.ftc.gov/freereports

By law you are allowed one free credit report every year. They take your credit info from three companies: Equifax, Experian, and Transunion.

I do this every year :~) Make sure to read your report thoroughly. You need to pay extra to find your actual credit score.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 10:49 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Freecreditreport.com, BABY:) They don't charge you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• You are entitled to a free credit Report each year, however, you have to pay to see your credit score if you choose to. Do you have a debit card? If not then I would get a loadable "debit" card at Wal-Mart for $3. I believe the credit score was $15 for all 3 credit scores or $6 each. It is well worth the money to check it every year.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:50 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• annualcreditreport.com
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:58 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Creditkarma was the only one that was actually free out of all of these, so thank you sooooo much, KiLora Gifts!!!!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:55 PM on Mar. 13, 2009