Is the recession effecting you personally?

gummylump

Asked by gummylump at 10:39 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• No my husband and I both own business and we have been very lucky our business has not gone down at all!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:42 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Nope, Hubby is self employed and is doing very well...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 10:46 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Well, we've been struggling for a long time anyhow, and with the price of everything going up just put what we need that much more out of reach.
    lilmizmoore1127

Answer by lilmizmoore1127 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• NO,, We have been lucky. My DH retired from the army 2 years ago so we have a retirement check from that. And he is working at a good job on Post. We are financially OK.

Answer by louise2 at 10:49 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Actually my family is doing better now than we were a year ago. On our part it just took some creative thinking as far as budgeting grocery shopping and making money goes. We are actually doing so well we just got done paying off 3 debts last month. Felt good.
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:14 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• No.. Except for filling positions in our company... Everyone is laid off, but no one wants a job. We have many businesses in small cities where everyone is laid off... we pay starting 10.00 and hour, but can't find anyone to hire.. seems everyone is on unemloyment and likes it that way... Go figure! Lazy Americans! Anyway, I haven't seen it from my end. I do know there are jobs out there, but people are still be wayyyyy toooooo picky for their own good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Yes DH job is rocky. He was laid off but is back. I fear my job for the first time. They just laid off people today. The number is low but it is 30% of the workforce:(
    Anonymous

• I was anon 1222. I am working on back up plan which is changing fields and so is DH. So we will be fine but unfortunely we are in to rocky markets right now.
    Anonymous

• Anon 4:42 march 13----Are you not an American???Ranking on us (Americans). I don't appreciate it.

Answer by louise2 at 4:36 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• yes of course, so I supplement my income with something great that I can do at home while my baby naps and is free :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoxYwrP-IBs

blakesma

Answer by blakesma at 8:21 PM on Mar. 13, 2009