does anyone pay all their bills with a credit card, and then pay one bill in the month?

Just thinking about trying it. I hate paying all the bills through the month, and just wondering if anyone pays theirs with a credit card and then makes one payment in the month? How does it work out for you?

babymaddy

Asked by babymaddy at 10:55 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have been thinking about doing that once we get our credit card paid off. I think it would work good as long as you can save the money through out the month and it would probably boost your credit score too.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:59 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I used to put everything on my credit card. My bills, groceries, misc. but I racked it up to fast so I stopped. Now I just pay my student loans on it-thats it! I just have a credit card, to build credit:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• We do. We collect air miles with our card, so anything and everything over 10$ goes on the card. We pay it off once a month, so we are never charged interest. It works well for us, and we use the air miles to visit family or to buy tickets for them to visit us.
    Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 11:06 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• My son's grandma does this on her discover card. She never uses cash. She has done it for years. It works out wonderful for her. She gets all the cash-back benefits & never pays any interest. As long as you dont spend more then you can pay off, its a wonderful system.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• want to add she also does NOT have a debit card. If she really needs cash for something she goes to the bank & get some out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• we use a credit card that gives us cash back on purchases (including utility bills etc) but its really teh only reason we use a credit card. I can pay almost every bill online except rent and I have a bill paying schedule set up so each payday my husband has (2 a month) I sit down and pay all the bills we scheduled to pay for that pay period. I am usually done in a matter of minutes and dont have to to worry about it for another 2 weeks. But we also believe in having no balances on credit cards so we never put more on our credit card than we plan to pay off that month. This also helps build your credit score
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:13 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• We used to. We had a circuit city card and were putting EVERYTHING on that card. Well, they closed. So we use a CC when it's convienient, but mostly cash or checks to pay bills now. Hubby has a credit score of 828 and Mine is 792 so we don't really have to build our credit anymore. But paying off a balance every month really helped contribute to that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Nope-we are paying off our cc's and will keep one open for emergencies and that will be it. We are sick of debt and the whole credit card system. We won't be contributing to them anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I dont want to put stuff on them and pay the mim I mean to put stuff on and pay it off at the end of the month as if i were paying all those bills, but to just only pay one bill not 8. and my hubby has pretty good credit and mine is ok too, but i was always told that if you put it on and pay it right off it doesnt build your credit that it needs to show a balance for alteast one month then pay it off, and do it again. I wouldnt do that, but i am just saying for all those that say it builds credit that is what i was told.
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:35 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• If you can stay disciplined to pay it off each month on time then I don't see why you can't. But even with one month wouldn't you then have to pay more because of interest rates?
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 13, 2009