the very moment you realised how happy you were in your life with being a mother

when was the moment you realized that you were so happy with being blessed as a mother...mine was when i my first daughter and she wouldnt open her eyes to for anyone we didnt see her beautiful eyes for two days...now i know its because she came out mean lol but the moment on the day that i was holding her and feeding her and i bent down and kissed her head and whisperd to her mommy loves you she opend her eyes and looked at me for the first time ever and smiled....and they say its just gas BULLSHIT!

BBKMommy

Asked by BBKMommy at 11:14 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• There were lots.. But the real time is when my daughter first brought home her new baby girl... Then they fully understand all you did and why you did it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• The moment my oldest son was born, I knew my life had changed. I had never felt such overwhelming joy :) When my second was born, it was the same feeling. I really think by seeing the way some women treat their kids that "mother love" is not something all women experience.
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 11:25 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I never believed it was just gas either! lol
    Mine was when i got him to breatsfeed at home for the first time. i had trouble in the hospital. c-section with the i.v. in my damn wrist, swelling all to hell from the rubbing when they told me to do it "their" way. i got into it with the lactation consultant. he wouldnt root for my nipple at all or even keep a bottle in his mouth for christ sake and they kept pushing and pissing me off. he was early but not preemie and they said they will take longer. he kept putting his tongue on the roof of his mouth making it harder...they finally admitted he wasnt ready.
    We were home for 3 days. He laid there looking at me. I asked him if he wanted to try it. He did it no problem. I was thrilled. They made me feel so stupid at the hospital. They had bad group working that week.
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 11:29 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• after having my daughter be kept away from me in the NICU for a week, the day I got to take her home was the best day I remember. It was amazing to have her for those few hours before she got taken to the NICU, but after not being able to hold her or feed her or anything for a whole week, bringing her home was the moment I realized that I was in love with my child more than anything in the world. I sat in the backseat with her, she wa asleep, and I just held her hand the whole way home. Now I'm reminded of it every day when I go pick her up from her crib and she gives me the biggest smile as soon as she sees my face. She doesn't even do that for daddy, just me!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:51 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Mine was when we brought my daughter home and she heard a loud noise and looked at me with a very scared look on her face and breathing hard and i said its ok baby girl mommy is here. She just got this relieved look and sighed. That was when i knew it was real and i was really a mommy now. Its amazing!!!!!!
    MadisynsMom0114

Answer by MadisynsMom0114 at 12:01 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• honestly, it didnt happen for awhile. sure there was her first smile & first coos, but i never felt like a mommy...just an extended babysitter. add to that my DD is not a cuddly baby. if you hold her too tight she struggles to get away. she's always prefered to be left alone in her own space & she never liked being fully swaddled (we had to leave her arms out or she would scream).

well shes 9 months now & is finally starting to enjoy being in my arms. about a month ago she crawled up to my legs & reached out her arms to be picked up! she left all her toys crawled under our coffee table & said "mamamamama" while she pulled on my pants. i picked her up so fast and gave her SOO many kisses!! it feels good to really feel happy w/ being a mommy and to finally feel like one haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:04 PM on Mar. 13, 2009