Painting my nails?

I was wondering if you think it is okay if I paint my nails with my almost a year daughter in the room? I turn on a fan, but you can still smell it a little. It's way to cold outside to go outside otherwise I would, but yet I just want a little color on my nails. What do you guys think yah or nay?

Trishy7

Asked by Trishy7 at 11:30 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'm pretty sure it's okay. I've been painting my nails since the day I brought my son home from the hospital, in the house. He's 5 now and no signs of nail polish fume poisoning. LOL.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Definately... Polish her's too! They love that! My granddaughters know its manicure time when they come to grandmas... Someone even polished my first granddaughters nails when she was a week old... Perfectly fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I paint my duaghter's nails too, lol. I think I did it for the first time sometime around 1. She loooooves it and helps me shake the bottles of polish up :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:47 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I think it's fine
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:48 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• We always did our together from the time they were very small. They are now 15 and 18 with no damage done.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:10 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I've painted my daughters' nails since before they were a year old. They are fine.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 1:00 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I'm sure it'd be ok but if you're worried just go into the bathroom to paint them and turn the vent on. :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:46 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Gosh hat is a hard one maybe on ocassion but I think I would paint my nails when she is down for a nap I agree the order isnt to bad but for a little person it might not be wise.
    DeborahElder

Answer by DeborahElder at 3:04 PM on Mar. 13, 2009