house cleaning tips?

Okay so 2 of my children are still in diapers and they take them off and pee in the floor i try to catch them but by the time i notice it they have already halfway peed in the floor...i have a carpet cleaner and have cleaned the carpet but cant get the smell out what do i do?

BBKMommy

Asked by BBKMommy at 11:31 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Home & Garden

• There is something I used to buy at the janitorial supply places. I can't remember the name, but I bought it by the gallon. I used it for pet odors and water spills on carpet. It gets rid of all odors. I would suggest you go to one of those and tell them what you have, they can help you find it. It has a really pleasant smell, so when I was not using it for stains, I would put some in a spray bottle and just freshen the carpets from time to time.... Perfectly safe!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Otoban...it will take any smell out of anything. I bought a bottle at Wal-Mart and loved it so much that I went to Sam's Club and bought it in bulk. I use it at my mom's house to get the smell of smoke out and it works like a charm!
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 11:40 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Odoban works, but it isn't the most pleasant smell. It's similar to Febreeze, but stronger. Works longer.

When you go to buy the regular cleaner for your carpet cleaner, they probably have different ones. Buy one that's for pet stains if they have one. It should do the job.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Have to agree Odoban is #1 in my house ... just make sure when you use it soak the carpet area well and let dry...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:18 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• get some of the pet urine remover.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 2:21 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Vinegar and Water mixture
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:23 AM on Mar. 15, 2009