scared of vacuum cleaner...

He is 7 month old and every time we use vacuum cleaner, he stats crying. I don’t know what to do.

Proud2bJmom

Asked by Proud2bJmom at 11:42 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hold him while u vacuum being right next to mommy while it is going should make him feel a bit more safe....u can also try purchasing a lighter vaccum that doesnt make so much noise
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 11:46 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Try holding him while you vacuum. If that doesn't work, then work with him - vacuum while he's napping or asleep at night until he outgrows the fear. That will probably be close to 3 years old.

And in case you are wondering, this is a VERY common fear.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:51 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Ya my oldest use to be arid of it to I couldn't ever sweep without her crying until she was about 18 months old. Just every time I swept I held her that seemed to help she didn't cry then. My now 14 month old never was a scared of the sweeper I put the hose on her all she does is try to put her hands on the end of the hose and she laughs when she has something that was on the floor and I suck it out of her hand with the hose lol. He will get use to it the more you sweep to the better he will get.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Mine cries when I vacuum or blow dry my hair! I do it when she is asleep, and she doesn't notice it.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:15 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• my baby is 11 months old and has kind of gotten use to it,but even now when i vaccum in his direction (he would be in his walker)begins to cry.i pick him up and he is quite again.so comforting the baby is the key I guess

moosimamma

Answer by moosimamma at 2:32 PM on Mar. 13, 2009