Saw the question about sarificing quality and it brought me to this question..

If you have a child under school age.. because I know how they get once they hit that age, what is wrong with buying them cheap clothes from say Walmart, sweats and stuff? It's not like they really care what they look like as long as they are warm and comfortable and they wind up ruining play stuff anyway. So, do you buy their clothes to make you look good or for the child? Just curious... mine are grown and gone, so nothing personal here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When I was young a lot of my clothes came from thrift stores. My parents had just divorced and things were hard. But my Mom always made sure we had clean, sturdy clothes that fit, were comfortable and looked nice. You really don't have to spend a lot of money on clothes.

Most of my daughters clothes come from walmart, kmart, and target. If she needs something special then I find what I need and I spend a reasonable amount of money on it. It will be that way until she can buy her own clothes. When I was about 14-15, my mom made a deal with me. She would buy the clothes I actually needed but for things that I just wanted I could save my money and buy myself.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 12:11 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• i buy clothes from a place called rugged wear for when i want them to look nice.. i buy the clothes for my child and my self i dont want someone looking at me like omg what does that bitch have that baby dressed in or someone looking at my child like omg look at that poor baby...however most of the time i use clothes i have already bought that is stained up to let mthem run around the house in or play in...i do buy clothes from walmart and second hand stores i have no shame in that but however i do like to look nice myself and like for my children to look nice to and im not saying i go out and spend 100s of dollars on clothes there is no way i do that i just try to find a cheap solution that fits my wants for us
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 11:53 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• My kids get walmart clothes unless I am browsing through a store and think "oh my gosh that is so cute" AND it has to be a pretty good deal. Kids are kids.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 11:53 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I buy my kids clothes from Walmart, Target, and Kohls. Sometimes Old Navy if they're clearance is good enough. I never buy anything full-price. I'm a bargain shopper. They get cheap $4 a piece play clothes and then they get a few nice things for when we go to church or birthday parties. I'm not a mterialistic person and most of what all 3 of my kids DO have is hand-me-downs from friends. Doesn't bother me any!!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• i say as long as the clothes are clean, it doesnt matter how much they cost.
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 12:01 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I don't spend outrageous amounts on clothes, but I do buy a bit higher end. Through trial and error I have found that some brands wash and wear better than others. I buy most of my dd's clothes at Baby Gap because I like their styles and feel they wash really well. I also plan to reuse the clothes with the next one or give them to someone that needs them. So I feel like I have gotten my moneys worth. JMO.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 12:08 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I buy expesive clothes for my girls because number one I can and number two too me they just seem to last longer. Plus they wear the same size so I feel I am getting double my money. Every once in awhile I will buy stuff at Wal-Mart but not that often!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 1:20 PM on Mar. 13, 2009