How much formula should 6 month old be getting?

I recently started my 6 month old on foods. He is eating a veggie for lunch and dinner and cereal before bed. His cereal has 6 oz. of formula in it. He eats milk in between those meals, but not alot. Does anyone know how much he should be getting. He eats about 20 oz. of formula throughout the day now that he is eating veggies, is that enough? He has never been a big eater. Before foods he was eating 4 oz. ever 3 hours for a total of about 26-30 oz. per day.

expectoct

Asked by expectoct at 11:51 AM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• he will let you know when he is full or when he wants more the biggest thbing is that he is getting the formula cause it has the nutrients he needs...however if u have a huge concern on if it is enough u can call and ask ur doc but they are prob going to tell u not to worry about it my kids hated formula and they just told me they would eat when they wanted and not eat when they were full babies of course cant talk so us mothers just have to learn to understand their actions..i wouldnt worry as long as he was eating and not getting dehydrated and wasnt irratable or fussy
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 11:55 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I think every child is diffrent. My youngest was getting herself around at this age so she would only take 2 oz at a time sometimes 1 bottle a day and as much as 8 bottles, but still only 2 oz. My sister baby on the other han he is eating cereal for breakfast, thn I think she feeds him lunch a jar of food. He eats 6 oz every 3 hours.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 13, 2009