do you think?

there are some women who live of their baby daddy child support,foodstamps and public assistance. i think those women are useless and worthless. child support is meant to supplement income not to live off of.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• Pretty sad! SO's baby mama is that person. When she doesn't have a boyfriend to live with she lives with her parents! Why not get a job and improve your life and your child's life? I don't understand it!
    Anonymous

• oh yeah, then baby mama complains his child support isn't enough for her to live off of!!! LOSER
    Anonymous

• I don't see nothing wrong with a single parent applying for some assistance and living off of child support.
    Daycare costs are expensive as hell and being a single mom, it's hard to get a job and find someone to watch your kids for cheap.
    Anonymous

• I think ther are plenty of crappy mothers but if child support, food stamps and Public Assistance are helping a woman raise her own children in her own home, or if a woman works and CS, foodstamps, or PA help her be able to afford daycare, housing etc. then I am fine with it. Child support is supposed to support the child: rent, utlities, food, diapers, clothes, toys, are all for a childs care so I'm fine with a woman "living off of it".

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 12:22 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Assistance is to "assist" people who are in NEED until they can do better for themselves.

Or it would be called sustainment-sustaining the individual for life. Anyone on assistance SHOULD be doing something to move themselves ahead.

Sitting around with NO job shouldn't be allowed.
    Anonymous

• Yes, CS is to support the child, not to pay ALL the bills, BM should be responsible for equal share!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• There is a woman I know of that is married to my husbands friend that will sit on her ass all day, she doesn't clean and worst of all she doesn't feed her baby! Now they are getting a divorce because my hubbys friend just found out about this and the baby is 20 months old! He's getting custody of the baby and I'm going to be babysitting and I can't believe this. So yeah it doesn't make any sence when a woman is living off the state and the child support but there are worse women out there. BELIEVE ME!

*May I put in that her hubby and mine are both soldiers so he didn't know whats going on while we was working. I don't even know how he found out, but it's good he did.
    JamiNeal09

Answer by JamiNeal09 at 12:50 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I had to go without so many things just so she could sit on her ass all day!
    Anonymous

• Women who have the means to work and instead choose the assistance need to get off their butts true, but I also realize some try to find jobs and they are scarce or don't pay enough and some assistance is needed. The child support I get is pathetic...$25 a month from my ex-husband who goes to school and now lives with his girlfriend of 2 months (who is still married herself) and her twin 2 year olds! I put every penny into a savings account for my son, and when the ex FINALLY graduates and gets a real job and those payments go up every penny will continue to automatically get depositied into my sons savings account.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:19 PM on Mar. 13, 2009