4 Month Old Sick?????????????

My 4 month old daughter started to get a watery eye (only one eye) yesterday and now today she has a runny/stuffy nose and snezzing a lil more than normal. Slight fever and tired. Is it a cold or what? Im a new mom and I need help with this stuff.What can I do to help her?? Any Medications??

MadisynsMom0114

Asked by MadisynsMom0114 at 12:18 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no meds. im going through the same thing with my 2 year old. the dr told us to get a cool mist humidifier and it has helped alot. hope this helps and your little girl gets better
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 12:20 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• if you cant get a humidifier then take her in the bathroom, close the door, and turn the water on hot and let her sit in the steam for a few minutes. or you can go to walmart and get a vicks vapor humidifier, its really small and it uses vapor strips that will put the vapor rub in the air and help her out.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 12:27 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• No meds. The fever helps little one fight the cold. The humidifier really helped us too. My dd got her first cold at the same age, 2 months ago. Remember to use the nose aspirator even though they cry bloody murder.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:27 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• No meds. Use a humidifier and saline nose drops to help clear the airways. And be prepared that it will probably get worse before getting better. Just wait it out and give her lots of love.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 12:28 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I have a 4 1/2 month old son and he just got over being sick. They just said the run the humidifier and for his stuffy nose put some Saline solution(they make it for babies) up his nose and stuck it out with a buld syringe. Any other questions feel free tooo send me a PM.
    LND

Answer by LND at 12:30 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• humidifier and some vicks baby rub on feet with socks over it...hope they feel better soon
    SophieDrewsMom

Answer by SophieDrewsMom at 12:34 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• All those answers are right but I have 1 more thing to throw in there, dont let a flu / cold last more than 5 days. Call your doctor on the 5th day if she's not doing any better.

I don't want to scare you because it sounds like the common baby cold / flu which ever, but when my son was 2 months old he got what seemed like a nasty flu with diareah and it got so bad after 4 days we took him to the ER to find out he had solmonila poisoning.

Like I said don't worry, everyone else seems right, but just keep an eye on the symptoms and call the doctor.
    JamiNeal09

Answer by JamiNeal09 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 13, 2009