Extremely Bad Morning Sickness

So I've been throwing up anywhere from 2-6 times a day...I have been given Zofran, and Phenogran gel (that you put on your wrists so you cant throw it up! ) and the past few days i have been throwing up every 30 mintues-an hour. I called the Dr. office, but it takes FOREVER for the nurse to get back in touch with me, so in the meantime i thought i would ask if there is anything else they can do? This is my 4th day off of work, and I can't even move off of the couch or out of the bed! The last time I have eaten anything was probably around noon yesterday, and threw it back up an hour or so later! I cant keep the zofran down, and the phenogran doesnt help at all ( i was told to double up on the dosage and still no elp to me!) So even water is making me gag and run to the restroom! I threw up so much that it cause my throat to be irritated and i was spitting out blood! Just scared that this could cause dehydration? What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• im so sorry honey i stucked on jolly ranchers that helped me
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• You must speak with your doc ASAP! Severe morning sickness needs the right meds, otherwise you won't get the nutrition you need. Keep calling the doc till someone gets back to you. Be that annoying person : )
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• well first you NEED to eat.not eating will just make this worse.try saltines and water.ifyou cant even keep water down it will cause dehydration.your baby NEEDS water and at least toast or crackers.SOMETHING!i had terrible morning sickness as well,.the whole i couldnt keep water down thing happened to me too.but try ginger ale and saltines and dry toast.anything ginger,.such as ginger snaps,.ginger lollipops etc. are you taking your prenatal vitamins?if you can keep those down your baby will have some nutrition going on.but also try a warm wash cloth,.dont think about "what if im going to throw up" when you et ready to eat. good luck!
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 12:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Oh girl i know what your going through! I had the wrist gel and zofran. It really didn't help. I'll tell you i could really see a difference when i ate every hour or two. I just had to have something on my stomach at all times. Try eating even when your not hungry. I'd get a lot of rest, if you can. I ended up having to only work 1-4 hours a day and ended up having to quit my job. Make sure your telling your doctor everything thats going on! If you need a few more ideas . . . send me a message! How far a long are you? I hope it gets better soon!!
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 12:48 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• i have not been able to keep the vitamins down for the past two nights...and i went to a different dr. on tuesday and apparently i had rally low blood pressure? Not sure if that may have something to do with it or not...but ive done the jolly ranchers bit, and crackers, tried gry toast, even wheat thins, i may head to get some ginger ale till they callme back! Just not sure of what else they can do for me?!
    Anonymous

• Oh and Im 11 weeks! I usually try to eat a little something here and there, and it usually works, but not these past few days, i put a piece of gum in my mouth and im on my way to the bathroom!
    Anonymous

• My sister had extreme morning sickness too. It's called hyperemesis gravidarum. She had it so bad, that she was vomitting up bile and had to be admitted into the hospital many times for dehydration. There was nothing they could really do for her. She lost about 30 pounds and developed awful headaches. Try eating baby food (I know it sounds gross, but your body will absorb at least a little bit of the nutrients). Don't worry - your baby will be ok. Cut up some fresh lemons and put them in a plastic baggie - sniff on them when you feel nautious. Fresh air helped my sister, like just sitting outside on a windy day.

Hang in there. I know how hard it is. Keep yourself well informed and don't panic.
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 1:14 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• have you tried the orally disintegrating zofran tablets? i use those because otherwise i'd end up throwing up the zofran too, and they work so much better, and much faster
    jessrasmussen

Answer by jessrasmussen at 11:11 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I am 27 weeks pregnant now with morning sickness still. I have had to get fluids 3 times for dehydration. Well I went to a high risk doc to check on other issues and he brought up my morning sickness...he told me to try 25mg unisom with a b6 vitamin...And THANK GOD this finally worked...They gave me everything else that they could before this, and my doc said i give up you will just have to keep getting the fluids...But thank god for the high risk doc!....You may ask your doc, if you can take this or not....I know its on the approved meds list..but your doc may be against it! But I tell you what...it has worked for me tremendously!!! Now if i forget to take it my head is in the toilet..but as long as I remember im good!! Good luck hun..hopefully you will get over urs soon...
    HayHayMarie2009

Answer by HayHayMarie2009 at 4:36 AM on Mar. 14, 2009