How long do you work out each day?

I work out about an hour a day and still cant manage to lose much weight :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• About a hour. Diet is the key too. You could work out forever and get nowhere if you still eat bad. GL!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 12:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Don't get me wrong, that's good but what are you eating? Exercise is wonderful and necessary for health but your diet has way more of an effect on your weight loss than exercise. You need to be burning off more calories than you're taking in. Also if you're working out pretty hardcore remember that you're building a lot of muscle, which weighs more than fat.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 12:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• LOL>>>>ME TOO!!!! It happens when we grt older!! we need to make sure we are eating less and REALLY working out!!! and we need to eat the right things!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:41 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I do eat pretty good. Thats why its driving me crazy! I am only 24 so I can only imagine how hard it will be to lose weight once I am 40! But I am getting close to my period and I know I see more of a gain around that time than a lose. Oh well I will just keep working at it :)
    Anonymous

• I work out about 1 hour a day also... I have been dieting and working out for about 2 months and have lost 24 pounds... Thank God
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:10 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I work out an hour a day even if that means just going for a brisk walk, but usually its running :) and then on top of that I do weights 3 times a week for tonage.

I would track your calories on something liek nutridiary.com to see where you could be going wrong and also make sure you are getting the right amount of calories.

Here is an article about how to work it out:

http://www.eating-naturally.com/home/2009/2/20/calorie-counting-determining-how-many-calories-you-need.html

Keep you fat intake down to 10% and eat lots of fruit before meals and have a large green salad daily to help with cravings etc.

Hope that helps :)
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:10 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I work out about 1 1/2 hours if @ all possible 7 days a wk. I take RPM and Bodypump, you need to remember that if you do the same thing everyday your body will not adjust to the workout. You have to switch things up. Like everyone else says diet is the key too.
    determind

Answer by determind at 8:57 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• What kind of excercise do you do and how much weight are you trying to lose? The best workout for me was circuit training. This is great for losing wieght and building lean muscle. I did this at Curves for Women about three to four times a week for only a half an hour at a time. I lost 35 pounds after having my first kid and 55 pounds after my second. Now that I have the wieght off, I do a lot of running; about 40 miles a week. Hope this helps
    Sumer2U

Answer by Sumer2U at 8:11 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I know of a great, completely healthy and guaranteed system. PM me if you are interested and I would be happy to tell you all about it!
    ShakleeMama87

Answer by ShakleeMama87 at 12:38 AM on Mar. 17, 2009