LONELY

Okay so i know some of you will prob think im crazy for saying this but this is something that i just wanted to share..

Me and my DH* damn husband lol recently moved to charleston sc we are from sc orgianlly but we moved 3 hours away from our home town...the move was for money he is making more money at a new job which is wonderful for our family....i however have not met neone here with kids that is interested in the same things i am after becoming a mother i dont relly get into the drinking and partying much ne more i mean i do like to go out when we have a babysitter and stuff but besides that most people around here are all into drinking partying and drugs and stuff....newayz i just wanted to let yall know that i am so glad to have found this site and so many good people and mothers are on it i don't feel so lonely anymore and even though we arent directly talking its nice communicating with other women who know some...

BBKMommy

Asked by BBKMommy at 12:42 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• of what i am going through and that i can post to...its nice to be able to communicate with someone else besides my toddlers i love them but ya know....a woman needs something else sometimes just a lil chat here and there soemtimes..
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 12:43 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• You should do a mom search on here and find someone on here near you. I have found a few greats moms right near me : )
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Welcome to Cafemom!
    you can also search for playgroups in your area and maybe you could meet some other mommies
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• aww how sweet that was nice bbk
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I feel ya sister! I have friends here but they either don't have kids or like me have so many it is imposible to go anywhere together. CM helps pass the time when it gets lonely.
    oicmommy

Answer by oicmommy at 1:03 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I have the same problem! I haven't found any moms near my new home with kids the same age as mine. CM has been great for me! Helped a lot with my PPD too! :)
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 1:10 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Aw sorry to hear you are surrounded by a bunch of party heads. I wish you lived around Houston, because I'm the same way, I'd much rather stay in and watch a movie, or just tv, with my kids and my man, or go to the movies once in a while. Drinking is cool, but not all the time, and it's better to go buy the stuff at the store and drink at home. Then no one has to worry about driving home and getting pulled over by cops. Anyway too bad you live so far away...but eventually you will meet other moms like yourself. Just give it some time. How long have you been living there? Sometimes it takes awhile for you to make real friends. Don't give up, and I wish you luck!
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 8:13 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• You should do a mom search on here and find someone on here near you; you can also search for playgroups in your area; give it time eventually you will meet some great moms; if you have a library near you see if they have any reading groups for the age group of your children; it does take awhile but you;ll know when you find the right moms that truly want to be friends. I enjoy coming here and "communicating" with other moms just to get some adult interaction because where I live right now the people around here are so snotty and think they are better then us and don't want to communicate with us unless they need something. Good Luck and God Bless
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:22 AM on Jun. 22, 2011