I am looking for help on age discrimination

I am look for any help on age discrimination with school age students. If anyone has a friend that may be a lawyer who you can ask where I can go to get help. I just found out that my daughters school would not let her be in the one act play for her middle school because she was 15 when school this fall. She got a part in the one act play and then she was told she could not be in the play because she is to old. This play is a academic program. Please help if you can.

Thank you
Regina

msgg

Asked by msgg at 12:45 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• go to the school board
    Anonymous

• Wait...you're daughter is 15 and in MIDDLE SCHOOL?!
    Anonymous

• Umm anon some kids start to school later in life. Some are held back for various reasons. The point of the matter is Mama, you need to present this to the school board and protect your child. Look for parent advocate groups in your area. Do a google search. Most advocate groups will send out a representative to the school to help you the parent out, not the school. Don't use the ones the school recommends unless it is from a trusted teacher.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:00 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• lawyer.com type in your zip code
    Anonymous

• i am also involved in a similar case, we got a local lawyer who is going civily against the schoolteacher himself for discrimination.
    we don't plan on suing, we just want him to quit on his own.
    Anonymous

• I would contact your states Bar association, then call the school, school board, etc.. Good Luck.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:03 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

So is my nephew, and his middle school is 7th-9th grade.  Maybe you should think before you type.

PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 2:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• My middle school went 7-9 grades as well. Most of the kids in 9th grade were 15 before the end of the school year.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:00 PM on Mar. 13, 2009