• In the Spotlight:

im planting my very first lawn...help!!!

i live in the pacific northwest (washington) and i want to get my back yard ready for my son to play in this summer. i know seed is best for permanence but let me explain a little. the back yard is gravel right now. do i need to remove all of that? should i leave a little for drainage or soemthing since it rains so much here? im using tagrow for fertalizer/soil, do i need to mix that with anything? is there anythign else that i need to put down befor the seed? then after i put the seed in, what do i do? basically, im a total novice here ladies lol i need your help! thanks!

disheveled

Asked by disheveled at 12:51 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I don't think you want to much drainage when it comes to lawn. You want to need as little water as possible. I could definitely be wrong though.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:55 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Hi, Farrahann,

It's Cafe Sheri from CafeMom's Home & Garden Buzz.

Come on over and ask Celebrity Handyman Anthony Gilardi from HGTV your lawn question. He visits CafeMom, gives FREE advice, and answers home repair and improvement questions for CafeMoms every other week in Home & Garden Buzz. He's really thorough and awesome.

Ask Anthony your home repair question here.

Cafe Sheri

Answer by Cafe Sheri at 6:28 PM on Mar. 13, 2009